Home

Do player ratings finally matter?

This is a discussion on Do player ratings finally matter? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do player ratings finally matter?

I did not play madden for 7 years until next gen madden.

Ratings may not matter as much as they should, but they definitely do matter enough to get a real simulation footballer like myself excited to play a game!!

That is not a butt-kissing statement.

Madden seems to be Improving.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Aldon Smith had 5 sacks for me in my season opener against the Packers from the end in a nickel 2 man under 4 man rush. I see a huge difference with elite players and thats what's been missing the most IMO.

I gotta say that madden Next-Gen has been such a great return to the NFL game for me after it being completely unplayable for years. If EA could just take 3 steps forward from here instead of going backwards or sideways year after year with Next-Gen we might see the title take the next step. Last gen was such a disappointment on so many levels and I really hope EA can just keep moving forward with madden.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 0

i could tell a huge difference gameplay wise, 1st strng to 2nd string, and finally to 3rd string.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #12
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

I will say that I do not think that all ratings matter. For instance, I was seeing way too many interceptions with both human and cpu defenders. I went in and lowered all the defensive back and safety catch ratings down to about 25, some of the better dbs had catch ratings in the 80s range.

The result of these ratings changes made absolutely no difference at all. I still see an abundance of interceptions with a 25 rated db catching the ball as well or better than a 90 rated wideout.

Also put the "drops wide open passes" to "yes" on all dbs and safeties too and again, made no difference.

So as far as the "catch ratings" go I would say this rating has no bearing at all on the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »