Home

Incorrect Playoff Teams?

This is a discussion on Incorrect Playoff Teams? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Incorrect Playoff Teams?

I went 9-6-1 playing as the Cardinals. Redskins got into the playoffs ahead of me at 9-7. As far as i know thats not possible. Am i just wrong or did EA screw up? Pic in spoiler.
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Incorrect Playoff Teams?

Definately incorrect.

You can tell they base the teams off of winning percentage when it should technically be losing percentage.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I went 9-6-1 playing as the Cardinals. Redskins got into the playoffs ahead of me at 9-7. As far as i know thats not possible. Am i just wrong or did EA screw up? Pic in spoiler.
Spoiler
Madden does not compute winning % correctly.

The game does not take ties into account. If you look again at your picture you will see the "winning percentage" column shows the same number for your 9-6-1 Cardinals as it does for the 9-7 Redskins, which is obviously not correct.

In real life winning % is determined by dividing wins by total games played. So you should take 9.5/16 to get a .593% for your Cardinals..... But Madden treats it as 9/16 (since the .5 win is wrongly ignored) and gave you a .560% just like the 9-7 Redskins since the game just took the 9 wins divided by 16 total games.

This is a personal peev of mine with Madden. It seems basic math is too complicated to code for EA. Or they are so incompetent they don't even know they have basic math coded wrongly. Who knows with these knuckleheads.

It has been bugged for years and I have even Tweeted Josh Looman directly about it.

It never gets fixed.

I'm almost embarrassed for them.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
In real life winning % is determined by dividing wins by total games played. So you should take 9.5/16 to get a .593% for your Cardinals..... But Madden treats it as 9/16 (since the .5 win is wrongly ignored) and gave you a .560% just like the 9-7 Redskins since the game just took the 9 wins divided by 16 total games.
Wow, I never knew they included .5 into winning percentage (IRL).
Old 12-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Madden does not compute winning % correctly.

The game does not take ties into account. If you look again at your picture you will see the "winning percentage" column shows the same number for your 9-6-1 Cardinals as it does for the 9-7 Redskins, which is obviously not correct.

This is a personal peev of mine with Madden. It seems basic math is too complicated to code for EA. Or they are so incompetent they don't even know they have basic math coded wrongly. Who knows with these knuckleheads.

It has been bugged for years and I have even Tweeted Josh Looman directly about it.

It never gets fixed.

I'm almost embarrassed for them.
I just dont get how they let this stuff go. Hopefully Green Bay makes it to the playoffs so EA might actually pay attention to it. Feel bad for my rookie QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Would divisional record come into play and if the 49ers and Seahawks had better records as well would they allow the cardinals in to? Just tryin to figure out of there was more to it. U didn't really show much of the info.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Stuff like this after all this time is quite frankly, inexcusable. And yet there are some who are still excusing it. I don't get it.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Would divisional record come into play and if the 49ers and Seahawks had better records as well would they allow the cardinals in to? Just tryin to figure out of there was more to it. U didn't really show much of the info.
No. It's because EA doesn't know grade school mathematics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »