Home

Next Gen core engine is the same

This is a discussion on Next Gen core engine is the same within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Next Gen core engine is the same

The notable differences between CG and NG are:

1. NG, The juke animation /change of direction animations have added extra steps.
2. The Dline on passing plays break away from their blocks a half second to a second faster than CG.
3. They tweeked the ratings so that the defenders in zone react to the ball in the air event.
4. Marginal graphic update/3D crowd.

EVERYTHING else is the same as CG. There are no 50 more calculations going on or any of that market hype stuff going on. All you have to do is put both games in practice mode and run the same plays using the same teams and you will QUICKLY notice the NG players are not doing ANYTHING different from the CG players. It almost looks like you are watching the same replay of the same game except you know its 2 different consoles you are looking at.

The NG features could have been done on the CG system. The tweeks they made to the NG game have made playing defense little better because the offense can't just cut on a dime now and they have a second less time in the pocket. This has created the "illusion" that a lot has changed but NG is just a tweeked version of the CG game.(See for yourself observing the games playing side by side)

You have no control over how the pass rush attacks the QB. The dline is still tethered to the Oline.

The offense controls your defense pre-snap because any adjustments you make to how you set your defense are reset as soon the offense audibles.

The tweeks have made the game better from CG to a degree, but this is by NO means a NEW game like they hyped it to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

It's sicking to me that most people (at least on this board) are giving Madden a pass just because they don't have competition, especially when another NFL title was on the rise at the time EA purchased the exclusive NFL license. All I keep hearing is that Madden next-gen is better than the last gen version like thats some kind of monumental achievement. They have to wait for next gen technology to implement things in the game that was in another football game years ago and that other football game still does alot of things better than next gen Madden! But everyone wants to clown NBA Live because it's compared to NBA 2K mostly because of the player movement and animations are bad (just like Madden by the way.) It's about time people stop comparing Madden to its predecessors and start comparing it to where the game should be in 2013.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The notable differences between CG and NG are:

1. NG, The juke animation /change of direction animations have added extra steps.
2. The Dline on passing plays break away from their blocks a half second to a second faster than CG.
3. They tweeked the ratings so that the defenders in zone react to the ball in the air event.
4. Marginal graphic update/3D crowd.

EVERYTHING else is the same as CG. There are no 50 more calculations going on or any of that market hype stuff going on. All you have to do is put both games in practice mode and run the same plays using the same teams and you will QUICKLY notice the NG players are not doing ANYTHING different from the CG players. It almost looks like you are watching the same replay of the same game except you know its 2 different consoles you are looking at.

The NG features could have been done on the CG system. The tweeks they made to the NG game have made playing defense little better because the offense can't just cut on a dime now and they have a second less time in the pocket. This has created the "illusion" that a lot has changed but NG is just a tweeked version of the CG game.(See for yourself observing the games playing side by side)

You have no control over how the pass rush attacks the QB. The dline is still tethered to the Oline.

The offense controls your defense pre-snap because any adjustments you make to how you set your defense are reset as soon the offense audibles.

The tweeks have made the game better from CG to a degree, but this is by NO means a NEW game like they hyped it to be.
I think it actually took a few steps backwards from CG. true step is overrated and doesn't make the ball carrier move realistically in a lot of instances, at least not for an NFL RB. And 3 player physics is none existent n the PS4 I thought I just needed the right sliders but I cant find any. that was one thing that had me hooked on the 360. I saw some posts saying M25 needed gang tackling, I wondered what they were talking about. but after getting the next gen version I see what they meant. but on the 360 I could come and clean up the ball carrier without the original defender popping off. im not seeing players on the ground reaching out and slapping the ball carriers foot as he runs by causing stumbling. Not seeing ball carriers contextual awareness, ducking under to lunge for an extra yard, pushing defenders hands away.

I still think its a solid game but I was hoping to see all the things that made me praise M25 360 even if they didn't drastically improve
Old 12-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I think next year's Madden will be a huge improvement over this iteration though. Animations, AI and graphics will improve a ton and be a lot less robotic.
Gee, that sounds familiar....
Old 12-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #45
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm one of the few who actually thinks madden is on the right track. Madden 14 made a huge leap from being robotic and played pretty well. I didn't buy Madden 25 CG but I bought NG and it is good. Like I will be playing the crap out of this game good.

I feel 90% of the madden forum nitpicks every little thing. And the comparisons to 2k5 are a joke. Anyone who thinks 2k5 is better than Madden 25 is saying that for the attention. I like 2k5 but it's no where near how good this madden plays. As long as EA doesn't repeat 06-13 again, I will be fine. They are already have a better foundation than they did in 06. I think next years madden will continue to improve this year's good start.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #46
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

If you have competition you're going to do a little more, go the extra mile.

It's always been that way.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
I'm one of the few who actually thinks madden is on the right track. Madden 14 made a huge leap from being robotic and played pretty well. I didn't buy Madden 25 CG but I bought NG and it is good. Like I will be playing the crap out of this game good.

I feel 90% of the madden forum nitpicks every little thing. And the comparisons to 2k5 are a joke. Anyone who thinks 2k5 is better than Madden 25 is saying that for the attention. I like 2k5 but it's no where near how good this madden plays. As long as EA doesn't repeat 06-13 again, I will be fine. They are already have a better foundation than they did in 06. I think next years madden will continue to improve this year's good start.
I stopped reading after Madden 14.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
What does NBA2K have to do with anything? Isn't this the Madden Next Gen section?
Ask the people that brought it in to the conversation, don't ask me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »