Home

Next Gen core engine is the same

This is a discussion on Next Gen core engine is the same within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Next Gen core engine is the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
No whats silly is the constant critiquing of Madden but then when the other games have the SAME flaws, i.e., the core engine being the same (which is the original point of the thread) everything gets looked at and critiqued differently.
Isn't it kind of silly what you are saying? I mean, just because a game keeps the same core "engine", doesn't necessarily mean that's a bad thing, does it? If the core is fundamentally sound and well implemented, then it would be a good thing. NBA 2k and NFL 2k had that. Madden had it at one time as well. The problem is that things went awry when the 360 launched and they built a new core, which was a mess from the beginning.

The problem with Madden is that it still plays like "madden" and not football. The casual player can enjoy madden to the tilt. The hard core football enthusiast has nothing to play that matched what we had in 2004 and in 2008.

Building a house on a cracked and damaged foundation will eventually lead to the collapse of the house. Building a flawed house on top of a solid foundation always allows for the house to be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
No whats silly is the constant critiquing of Madden but then when the other games have the SAME flaws, i.e., the core engine being the same (which is the original point of the thread) everything gets looked at and critiqued differently.
I am willing to bet that if 2K starts to develpe NBA2K like Tiburon has done madden, they are gonna get a heavy dosage of the same treatment. 2K kinda gets a pass because the game for the most part does what most expect and pays a lot of attention to detail. Madden on the other hand............
Old 12-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #67
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

The constant critiquing of Madden on here is very constructive for the most part and it's encouraging that EA devs sometimes read this forum.

I really like Madden and I enjoy each and every release, but I value the articulate constructive contributions from many forum members on how this game can improve.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

People get mad when there is a contrast critique, but they lose site of the argument by making an argument against the other person, by trying to call them hypocritical. The argument isn't about the other person and it isn't necessarily about the contrast. The argument is really about Madden. And that's where the focus should stay. So what if someone makes a contrast. Don't get sidetracked by the contrast. Focus on Madden because that's what needs to get better desperately. The biggest and most telling evidence is not in what any poster on here says, but in how the developers of Madden have talked about their game over the last 8/9 years. Even they are not happy with it, have not been happy with it and understand it has a long way to go so why are people getting their underwear caught in their crack when someone says something they don't like? Can we all agree on one thing; that we all want a better football game from EA? I think we all agree on that. We might not agree on what they need to do to make it better and that's fine.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
The constant critiquing of Madden on here is very constructive for the most part and it's encouraging that EA devs sometimes read this forum.

I really like Madden and I enjoy each and every release, but I value the articulate constructive contributions from many forum members on how this game can improve.

This is what a lot of the "Defend Madden at all costs" guys don't understand. I myself play A LOT of Madden. The game can be fun. However, when you look at whats been done in older games and what other games are doing going forward, and link that with the legacy issues that never get addressed year after year. I think any reasonable person would realize there are gonna be complaints.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
People get mad when there is a contrast critique, but they lose site of the argument by making an argument against the other person, by trying to call them hypocritical. The argument isn't about the other person and it isn't necessarily about the contrast. The argument is really about Madden. And that's where the focus should stay. So what if someone makes a contrast. Don't get sidetracked by the contrast. Focus on Madden because that's what needs to get better desperately. The biggest and most telling evidence is not in what any poster on here says, but in how the developers of Madden have talked about their game over the last 8/9 years. Even they are not happy with it, have not been happy with it and understand it has a long way to go so why are people getting their underwear caught in their crack when someone says something they don't like? Can we all agree on one thing; that we all want a better football game from EA? I think we all agree on that. We might not agree on what they need to do to make it better and that's fine.
If I could like this post 100 times, I would.

Madden still has a ways to go for a NFL video game. I think people that know me in here know that I've harped on realistic penalties for years, and for the first time, we had a straight answer in here before the game was released. Tell me it's going to take a few years, it's better than constantly bringing it up in every thread.

We need the people to continue to critique the game and Madden constructively. As LBz said, focusing on the game and Madden, not the individual posters.

My only issue is when I say or someone else says that it's better than CG, then some people feel the need to come back and say, I don't like it when people give Madden a pass, or I don't like it when people say it's better than CG. And the reverse is also true.

I totally agree with LBz message, the posts shouldn't be focused on the posters, it should be focused on making Madden better.
#showmedonttellme
#youarepartoftheproblem
Old 12-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #71
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Thread has run its course

It's the same song & dance

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »