Home

A couple ps4 questions

This is a discussion on A couple ps4 questions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A couple ps4 questions

First off let me say I love madden. I always have but when I bought my ps4 i also bought NBA 2k14 and have madden sitting on the shelf unopened as I traded my ps3 version and 10 dollars to get the ps4 version. I just have a couple questions before I open it up.

1. What's the option offense/defense like? I run a heavy based running and option offense. The CPU defense before was pretty awful at stopping this and it seemed I would run for 350 yards a game on all madden jareds black sliders. I've heard some good things but want some insight on this if possible.

2. What is the defense like in general? Do we still have the CPU robo qb who rarely misses?

Also feel free to add any other things about the difference.

Thanks for all your help

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
Rookie

WHATISTHISPOWER's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A couple ps4 questions

I played with the option to try something different, and I absolutely killed the cpu with it the first game. The next 3 they made it a point to stop the RB and make my QB do the work, but the DB would peel off the WR rather quick.

Just don't run money plays and it'll do ya good. Most people that I see that have problems run the same 5 plays and want realistic numbers still. Set rules for yourself like you would a sim league, and you'll be fine.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
Rookie

WHATISTHISPOWER's Arena

Also, the sliders I'm using now I am seeing 60-70 percent on completions from the CPU. Except Manning....he was like 87 percent.

Again, switch it up, man. Zone. Blitz. It makes a difference when you do it. Call cover 3 all day against a decent slider set and you're done for.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATISTHISPOWER
I played with the option to try something different, and I absolutely killed the cpu with it the first game. The next 3 they made it a point to stop the RB and make my QB do the work, but the DB would peel off the WR rather quick.

Just don't run money plays and it'll do ya good. Most people that I see that have problems run the same 5 plays and want realistic numbers still. Set rules for yourself like you would a sim league, and you'll be fine.
When u say the db would pull off the wr quickly do u mean that u were forced to run with qb due to previous teams kind of scouting u and your qb really couldn't get much because of the db? That would be great. Also when blitzing does the line actually seem more realistic? If u send 6 players and they only block with 5 are u going to see the blitz like when watching tv? It seems in ps3 that it wasn't like that.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Robo QB seems better to me but it could be the sliders

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
Rookie

WHATISTHISPOWER's Arena

The DE plays either the QB or RB. If you hand to the RB and get big gains that way they change who they focus on. I noticed that the RB was being targeted, and a DB would almost forget about the WR and attack the QB so I couldn't get big gains all the time on the read option.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATISTHISPOWER
The DE plays either the QB or RB. If you hand to the RB and get big gains that way they change who they focus on. I noticed that the RB was being targeted, and a DB would almost forget about the WR and attack the QB so I couldn't get big gains all the time on the read option.
That's great news. I hated running for huge huge gains with the qb all the time. I'm talking 200-300 ypg with my qb on like 10 carries. What about the line play and blitz?

Old 12-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
Rookie

WHATISTHISPOWER's Arena

I'd have to look at it more honestly. I've never have been big on knowing gaps and such. I do know that it's much like years past from what I can tell. Overloads and such seem to get there, but the QB also seems to get rid of the ball pretty quick. My experience is I send 6, but the TE and RB stay back to block and pick it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »