Home

Has EA Sports renewed the NFL exclusivity license?

This is a discussion on Has EA Sports renewed the NFL exclusivity license? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3
Has EA Sports renewed the NFL exclusivity license?

Looking at how next-gen madden turned out, it seems like our only hope of getting a quality football game would be for another competitor to enter the football video game market.

It's pretty clear that EA Tiburon lack the skill and creativity to make a truly great football game (unlike MLB The Show or NBA 2K, who both feature excellent development teams). Imagine what Naughty Dog could do with this franchise.

Does anybody know when the NFL license expires, or if it's been renewed at all? Another Dev team, one that is truly talented, really needs to take a crack at football. I'm pretty sure the license expires relatively soon, as in like this year.

There may be hope after all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Has EA Sports renewed the NFL exclusivity license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
Looking at how next-gen madden turned out, it seems like our only hope of getting a quality football game would be for another competitor to enter the football video game market.

It's pretty clear that EA Tiburon lack the skill and creativity to make a truly great football game (unlike MLB The Show or NBA 2K, who both feature excellent development teams). Imagine what Naughty Dog could do with this franchise.

Does anybody know when the NFL license expires, or if it's been renewed at all? Another Dev team, one that is truly talented, really needs to take a crack at football. I'm pretty sure the license expires relatively soon, as in like this year.

There may be hope after all.
While I agree with everything you said. No one knows but I would assume they are trying to get a deal done. LETS PRAY IT DOESN'T HAPPEN!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

This has been beaten to death over and over again....even IF EA doesn't renew the license,I don't think there's a company ready to jump into the NFL game again anytime soon.

At minimum if I had to guess,we would still be 2-3 years out from a competitor anyway...unless a company was working on an NFL title "behind the scenes" (which I doubt) I wouldn't get any hopes up.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 12-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

It expires after the Super Bowl. We'll know if EA renews it sometime around then. Next Gen Madden was actually a solid effort on EA's part. Issues aside it's a fun game.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #5

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

We're not going down this road again. At least no right now.

There have been a million of these threads and they all end up in an all out war.

To answer your question, nothing has been announced.

When it is, we will go from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »