Home

Adjusting To Madden 25 Next Gen

This is a discussion on Adjusting To Madden 25 Next Gen within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Adjusting To Madden 25 Next Gen

For years, Madden players have been accustomed to playing EA’s NFL franchise a certain way, and rightfully so. Due to the games shortcomings and exploits, gamers foundMadden to be less of a sim, and more of battle of “who can exploit the most – me, random online guy, or the AI?” That is never a good thing, and definitely not what players are looking for when they want a true NFL simulation experience - one they can feel great about when dropping $60 – on a yearly basis. Madden fans found it routinely easy to exploit the AI defense, the return game, the lack of a pocket (or need to stay within it), and the patterns that the AI typically displayed on both sides of the ball.

Adjusting To Madden 25 Next Gen - Read More
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Im really loving playing on-line with this game. In the past it was nothing but a frustrating experience. People finally have to play a half way smart game of football to be competitive. I played a guy last night that played as the Cowboys. He went to Jason Witten on literally every pass play. Witten ended the game with 150 yards and a couple of touchdowns but i was able to pick off two passes that went his way due to the coverage being light years ahead of what is was on last gen.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Mid-Range Mamba

iceberg760's Arena

OVR: 7
Great Read/gm plays well on the One....really enjoying the defensive side of the ball---Lineplay is a Plus compared to prior gen...my thinking is that you have to put thought into your choices on both sides of the ball instead of just flinging it or Bullrushing into the backfield...again, Great Read...
Old 12-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0
if you need a job try this site JOBS61 (dot)¢øm. Dan does it at home and makes $28.99 hourly just sitting and typing stuff all day...No experience needed too
Old 12-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Adjusting To Madden 25 Next Gen

Great read, thanks. I really think Madden finally is heading in the right direction. Now they only have to fix presentation/commentary and player models/movement and give us all the freedom back that we had in franchise mode of Madden 12 (editing ratings and appearances was fantastic). What I'd also love would be a draft class editor like NBA 2k has, because importing draft classes is impossible now.

My only worry is that, because EA can get bad ideas from time to time, they remove offline franchise and you can only play online or exhibition games, kinda like FIFA next-gen right now (yes, it has career mode, but no tournaments, online h2h,...). Would suck, because I only play offline. But I don't think that's gonna happen. Right?
NCAA: Miami Hurricanes, Texas A&M Aggies
Formula 1: Kimi Raikkonen
MotoGP: Casey Stoner, Jack Miller
NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson
IndyCar: Ryan Hunter-Reay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
Run After Catch

OVR: 13
Re: Adjusting To Madden 25 Next Gen

Good stuff. I agree about the point of not having to adjust a ton year to year in gen 3. A lot of what went into an offense would work regardless of the team your opponent chose.

I've already noticed myself making mistakes with this gen 4 game just out of habit. Already been picked a few times throwing that corner route against man that I knew was there for me in the past. I dig it.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

I have noticed everything mentioned and it feels good. I laughed when the IGN reveiwer in his video review was too SIM lol
Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
Banned

assclown25's Arena

Great game minus a few lingering issues- not being able to switch players thru multiple position, editing players names after you start franchise, def not being able to edit guys in draft classes (names) and wind direction. Other than this really believe EA and Madden heading in right direction

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »