Home

footplanting differance

This is a discussion on footplanting differance within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11
footplanting differance

Can someone explain the differance in footplanting and running from the xbox one and PS4 version of the game.Ive heard there is a differance._
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: footplanting differance

well i cant really tell u the dif between the two, i can tell you the dif from ps3-ps4.... while on the one hand , im very glad they wanted to get rid of the "swervies" that was on ps3 version . where peps could swerve all over the field and u couldnt ever tackle them. However, i think they went from one extreme to the other. Now on the ps4, you cant make any moves because the time it takes your runner to slow down "normally a good second and a half -2 seconds , you are getting nailed everytime by the d. I mean everytime. I even used mccoy from the eagles, one of the best juking hbs in the game, and nothing works. he just stutter steps for what feels like eternity , meanwhile the d has closed in on him and nailed him to the ground. So to me , they took it form one end of terrible , to the opposite.foot planting is a great idea, and much more realistic. IF it was done CORRECTLY. However this is not done even close to right on next gen ps4 at least.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
well i cant really tell u the dif between the two, i can tell you the dif from ps3-ps4.... while on the one hand , im very glad they wanted to get rid of the "swervies" that was on ps3 version . where peps could swerve all over the field and u couldnt ever tackle them. However, i think they went from one extreme to the other. Now on the ps4, you cant make any moves because the time it takes your runner to slow down "normally a good second and a half -2 seconds , you are getting nailed everytime by the d. I mean everytime. I even used mccoy from the eagles, one of the best juking hbs in the game, and nothing works. he just stutter steps for what feels like eternity , meanwhile the d has closed in on him and nailed him to the ground. So to me , they took it form one end of terrible , to the opposite.foot planting is a great idea, and much more realistic. IF it was done CORRECTLY. However this is not done even close to right on next gen ps4 at least.
I have to agree with you on this one man! I've been seeing more stupid "footplanting" animations with every game I play and its getting really annoying! Don't get me wrong the idea is great but for example.....I'm 5yards out from the end zone play action
To my TE already 3 yards deep in the end zone for and TD and my TE "footplants" like 10 steps and ends up being pushed out of the end zone. WTF! And no TD. Really guys? Im sorry but when a player catches a pass and tries to stop he NEVER takes 10 extra fing steps to stop. 1 step to cut or gets taken down there. UGH.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
Can someone explain the differance in footplanting and running from the xbox one and PS4 version of the game.Ive heard there is a differance._
Are you asking about the initial impressions that the XB1 version controlled differently than the PS4 version?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have found that laying off of the trigger helps a lot with this. I like that they take some of your control away when running top speed or accelerating.

BUT, I do still have trouble to get them to plant and turn up field on crossing routes or outs after the catch. It can be really frustrating when they are at the goal line/first down and take "breakdown" steps horizontally instead of at least falling forward.

But on most situations if I don't use speed burst until I am in the open, I have not found it to be a problem and totally prefer this system over current gen.

Sent from the desk of Coach Moore's office
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »