Home

Is EA going to fix the interception slider?

This is a discussion on Is EA going to fix the interception slider? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Is EA going to fix the interception slider?

Nope never switch on Defense unless I need to make a play on a running play and try to get a tackle.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Ill try the fast and see.

Its ruining the game for me. Better defense is always good, and I love the passing lanes now.

But it destroys half the good drives from the CPU.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
Rookie

My issue isn't so much with my user interceptions but with the CPU interceptions against me. I am throwing an average of 4 interceptions per game. I have the CPU INT slider at 0 already. Everything else is default all-pro, at 50. Should I lower CPU pass reaction to 25? Would that fix it? Does going to fast speed fix that too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

id say learn to read the defense. don't force throws. dont throw across teh body etc.

you could lower the reaction time, or just lower the user level.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I had this problem in the beginning, too. Default All-pro has the cpu pass coverage at 75. i've been tweaking sliders for a little while now, and for me, I've got cpu pass cov at 62 and cpu int at 43, and believe I am seeing good coverage but am not throwing ints all the time. The pass cov, pass rx, and int sliders all work in tandem for sure, btw. From what I've seen and tweaked, the int slider by itself I feel can change the 'ability' to int whereas pass coverage is concerned with 'where' the defender is, how well he covers, and pass rx is how quickly a player responds when the ball is thrown. So, you could have low int which messes with their ability to intercept, but if you had high pass coverage at 90 or something, they would already be in position and would still make more picks. but, like I said, for me right now, pass cov 62 and int 43 feels about right. and, seriously, there is a difference between int 43, 44, 45, etc. for me, anyways. At 44, I start to have more problems throwing picks, they just really seem to be in the passing lane all the time and they make the pick, but at 43, they're close to the passing lane, but I can normally time the throw correctly to beat them, and if it's darelle revis, he'll still be a pain.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Ya i wish they would, but i would bet my house it would screw something else up and passing would be super easy. I just came to grips that int numbers are gonna be screwed up and inflated. People say make better reads blah blah which is true but the cpu throws more then enough on their own. Its a video game if I had the mind of Peyton Manning and skills I prolly wouldn't be playing a video game lol. I just think EA is clueless and lost at this point or they just don't care what kind of game they put out since there the only ticket in town. If this is the quality of product they put out again with sliders and pass interference calls not working this is going to be a pathetic generation again. They should be light years ahead of where they are now. I mean a player on my defense comes out when Rodgers is suppose to really? This is elementary level programming in my book.

Playing:
Old 01-01-2014, 12:47 AM   #15
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Anything above 20 on pass coverage and u will see a crap ton of picks. That's been my findings after countless hours of testing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #16
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Anything above 20 on pass coverage and u will see a crap ton of picks. That's been my findings after countless hours of testing.
This is 100% true. Set coverage to 20 and the absurd amount of picks are hone, they will knock them down now. INT slider I have found to do absolutely nothing.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »