Home

Throwing The Fade

This is a discussion on Throwing The Fade within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Throwing The Fade

Any tips for throwing the fade? It always looks good at first but, the only player that goes up for it is the defender.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Throwing The Fade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Any tips for throwing the fade? It always looks good at first but, the only player that goes up for it is the defender.
My only tip is, don't throw it. I have found absolutely no success in throwing not only the fade but any deep ball where my receiver has a step on the defender. This is probably my biggest frustration with the game. No matter how long I hold the left analog stick up and no matter if I tap the button, hold it, or go somewhere in between. Literally 100% of the time the ball is overthrown and about 50% of the time it's picked off.

The only success I've found is to turn into the receiver and attempt to catch the ball yourself. I've done this with Brandon Marshall a few times but it's still a tremendously risky pass.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 12-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Fade route definitely is defended very very well on NG. Its hard for me because I used to very well in NCAA 14 and coming into this game I like to look or it but it just isnt there very often. If I do ever throw one successfully (with no switching) I will upload a vid of it

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I usually throw it perfectly but my reciever will turn around and just watch it sail over his head
Old 12-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Whats really been helping me on offense for the deep ball is changing into the wide receiver while the ball is in flight and catching it myself.It honestly has cut my int in half otherwise the dumb wr will never come back or make a play for the ball. I have to switch otherwise there is not point in throwing the deep ball unless you want 6 picks a game.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #6
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I throw deep successfully, but mostly with speedy guys guys. I only play online and 1 thing I look for in a team is a burner at wr. 96+ Spd and acc.

Soon as the wr is even with the Db I lead with right stick up and Lob. Very high success rate. If you opponent is smart he'll be forced into keeping a safety back or running cover 3 with the CB play off which will open him up to being exploited in other ways.

Before attempting a fade route I first make sure the WR/TE has a couple of things.

Height (6'3+)
High Jump, Sectacular Cth, Catch in traffic.

The higher Spectacular catch attribute the more catching animations are unlocked.

Examples: Megatron, Brandon Marshall, Jimmy Graham

When throwing the fade I have best results aiming for either the front or back pylon. (Outside shoulder of targeted receiver)

Hot routing a RB or TE into the flats underneath the fade will attract any potential flat zone defender allowing you to safely throw over him.

No need to switch and catch for either pass to work.

Edit: Fade I am referring to is the endzone fade. I believe you have to be at least inside the 7 yard line.

Last edited by Hiro1; 12-21-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Use it in the redzone, throw to a WR who is a "Red Zone Threat" type, and kinda throw it to the back shoulder. That isn't a prefect solution, but it should help.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
I usually throw it perfectly but my reciever will turn around and just watch it sail over his head
This is a big issue I'm seeing, the WR/TE I am throwing to Jimmy Graham for example has the capacity to out leap and out muscle most guys in a jump ball situation. There are plenty of times where he will have his guy beat to the back of the end zone and make no attempt to come down with the ball (this happens a lot and looks awkward) or he will actually catch it and even with the slightest contact will drop it the majority of the time. It's definitely something that needs to be looked at especially the animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »