Home

Franchise Doesn't Save after Game Completed

This is a discussion on Franchise Doesn't Save after Game Completed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Animals as L e a d e r s

Cataschism's Arena

OVR: 11
Franchise Doesn't Save after Game Completed

Hello Everyone,

I looked through this forum a couple times and I wasn't able to find this situation addressed.

I am playing in an offline franchise. So I boot up Madden and play my first game in my franchise. When I exit the game, it kicks me back to the main menu outside of my franchise without giving any indication of saving the game I just played. When I go back into my franchise, it loads the last savepoint, which is the auto save right before I began the game. It is frustrating to play a game and not have it save. I have created a manual save point before the game to see if that helps, but it doesn't. When I go and play another game, Madden then saves that game and keeps me in my franchise and doesn't kick me back out to the main menu, if that makes sense.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Seattle Mariners

Seattle Supersonics

Spokane Indians

Spokane Chiefs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Doesn't Save after Game Completed

It happened to me ONE time (on the PS4) before the new patch. I actually had thought that I hit something inadvertently that caused it to back out; so I never reported it as a glitch. I have played numerous games in numerous dynasties (since I can't settle on a team) and it just happened once, so it isn't a rampant problem.

(I underline that it happened to me before the patch to keep all the trolls from yelling that the new patch broke the game....I assume based on the post date that it happened to Cataschism after the new patch....as such, this is something independent of the new patch. Given the rarity of the event, I am guessing EA does not know about it.)
Old 12-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
Banned

OCBrooks7's Arena

OVR: 0

I've had this happen probably a dozen times. Seems to happen most often when playing co-op with friends inside of CFM or if I'm running CPU vs. CPU in CFM by selecting player control over both teams' 3rd string QB.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is happening to me after every nearly every game I play. I play with 2 other users on the same team, and we usually have to play the game at least twice. We have tried only having one person logged in while playing in case it was an issue with multiple user profiles being logged in, but it still kicks out to the main Madden screen. Also happens when doing a practice which is single player only. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataschism
Hello Everyone,

I looked through this forum a couple times and I wasn't able to find this situation addressed.

I am playing in an offline franchise. So I boot up Madden and play my first game in my franchise. When I exit the game, it kicks me back to the main menu outside of my franchise without giving any indication of saving the game I just played. When I go back into my franchise, it loads the last savepoint, which is the auto save right before I began the game. It is frustrating to play a game and not have it save. I have created a manual save point before the game to see if that helps, but it doesn't. When I go and play another game, Madden then saves that game and keeps me in my franchise and doesn't kick me back out to the main menu, if that makes sense.

Thanks.
Happened to me 1 time when my wife wasn't signed in and when she walked in front of the xbox it said hello to her, therefore signing her in and when the game was over bam it kicked me to main menu with no chance to save. Now I keep us both signed in at all times and it's never happened again.

Hope this helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Happened to me last night and today and it is killing me. Spent 12 hours yesterday drafting a team and simming the first season with my son so we could experience on offseason. I played two games and it happened both times.

offline with each of having a team in owner mode - happened both times after my game, but never after his game. He is the commisioner.

very frustrating to spend all that time on a league and not be able to play the games.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Happened to me a bunch on the ps4. Only thing I can point too is it seems anytime I change uniforms, ie not the defaults. Weird coincidence. Any fix?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataschism
Hello Everyone,

Thanks.
After playing the game create a save point. When you load your franchise, make sure you load the same save point. Give each save point a different name. You can delete previous save points to make choosing names easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »