Home

Will you buy Madden 15 if the graphics aren't drastically improved?

This is a discussion on Will you buy Madden 15 if the graphics aren't drastically improved? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Thread title
Yes 53 58.89%
No 37 41.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #33
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Will you buy Madden 15 if the graphics aren't drastically improved?

I am not trying to be a jerk, but the OP is clearly specifically only referring to graphics. The other points are all valid and I agree with them, but this thread is only about graphics, as silly or legit as they may seem to you or anyone else.

Everything else is definitely already being discussed and documented in a number of other threads.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #34
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Graphically Madden is so far behind the other next gen titles its kinda sad... I feel like I wasted my money buying a last gen game for this gen.. NBA 2k14 and Fifa took it way up.. Not to mention some of the other games... Madden's dev team is outdated and might need some new blood...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 12-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #35
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I haven't played M25 but for me to even think about buying Madden 15 they have to improve the gameplay first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I am not trying to be a jerk, but the OP is clearly specifically only referring to graphics. The other points are all valid and I agree with them, but this thread is only about graphics, as silly or legit as they may seem to you or anyone else.

Everything else is definitely already being discussed and documented in a number of other threads.
That's one way to look at it. Here is another way:

If you saw a woman dying from a massive wound, would you:

A. Focus on the massive wound

OR

B. Complain about the makeup she's wearing and say how it needs to look better?

The answer is obvious.

Madden is suffering from a metaphorical massive wound (every facet of the game having problems). So people aren't going to care as much about the metaphorical makeup it's wearing (graphics) as much as the massive wound.

That's just the point we're at now.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
That's one way to look at it. Here is another way:

If you saw a woman dying from a massive wound, would you:

A. Focus on the massive wound

OR

B. Complain about the makeup she's wearing and say how it needs to look better?

The answer is obvious.

Madden is suffering from a metaphorical massive wound (every facet of the game having problems). So people aren't going to care as much about the metaphorical makeup it's wearing (graphics) as much as the massive wound.

That's just the point we're at now.
No need to address the massive head wound in all opinion related threads daily/weekly, the same opinions from the same people in threads just addressing a specific topic. ie graphics.

And that is another point we've been at over and over and over. It's your opinion the game is a massive head wound, not everyone feels the same as you do. Just because a person feel it's a massive head wound doesn't mean a person deserves to drop the same opinion repeatedly in specific type threads. If I feel the game is a great game, doesn't mean I need to spread that opinion in each and every thread or specific threads on a daily/weekly basis.

I'm including myself in that equation and everyone else that it might apply to.

Last edited by roadman; 12-27-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

They can make the game look a lot better just by addressing the player models.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #39
Rookie

Totalpackage83's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Haven't bought a Madden since 2009, and I don't think I will ever buy a Madden ever because Tiburon is very low quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
They can make the game look a lot better just by addressing the player models.
Madden has the most disproportionate player models in videogames.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's your opinion the game is a massive head wound, not everyone feels the same as you do.
That's not exactly my opinion. The massive wound analogy was made to illustrate a point of there being a ton of more serious issues besides cosmetics, but it doesn't matter. My opinion, good or bad, is irrelevant to the actual fact that the game is indeed missing a ton of things and/or has a number of things far below objective, measurable standards set by some previous Madden's and games from other football developers of the past. Even if I thought the game was the greatest thing ever, that opinion still wouldn't change the fact that there are visible/obvious problems all over the game, some of which have been there since the beginning of the last generation in one way or another.

We all get that the thread was asking if we'd buy M15 or not based on what's done with the graphics, the title is there, we can all see it. What I'm saying, and as the thread has illustrated, is when you ask a question like that in a situation like Madden is in right now, you have to understand why the question would be responded to in the way that it has. Responses like these shouldn't be unexpected from anybody at this point.

If this were, say, 2007, and we hadn't been through this for like almost a decade already, then I could see being puzzled at the responses. But at this point, it's just puzzling that anyone would be surprised by how people react to things like this now. People are just being real about where they stand on their expectations, and when graphics get brought up as a chief concern, it's not going to be received too well. But at least people are speaking on the game and not taking personal shots at each other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »