Home

Scouting in this game ruins CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting in this game ruins CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Scouting in this game ruins CFM

Scouting needs a major overhaul as the current mode is just unrealistic and a complete time waste. Bring back combine stats and allow us to allocate scouts to a prospect like in Fifa and NBA2k. I mean we live in an era where us armchair GMs can just search up a prospect on google to get a full scouting report in seconds. We should not have to spend the amount of the time we do clicking every damn attribute on every prospect just to get a semi idea of who we're drafting!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Scouting in this game ruins CFM

I like the scouting and wish other games would implement it.

Heaven forbid you have a scouting system that takes some time.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

We should be able to hire 4 scouts. Each scout has strengths and weakness. The Country is divided into 4 sections and each gets assigned.

The scouts will have all the numbers and OVR all grade. The OVR grade is based on that scouts info.
That's the info you have when you go into the draft.

Another team(s) scouts may have higher or lower grades on the same player.

Players may grade out at a consensus legit overall by all scouts.

So every team has different info on players than you do.

The better the scouts the more money you'll pay........

Poor scouts give you poor info........or unless your a maverick owner and bypass the info and just pick who you want.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryMan
Scouting needs a major overhaul as the current mode is just unrealistic and a complete time waste. Bring back combine stats and allow us to allocate scouts to a prospect like in Fifa and NBA2k. I mean we live in an era where us armchair GMs can just search up a prospect on google to get a full scouting report in seconds. We should not have to spend the amount of the time we do clicking every damn attribute on every prospect just to get a semi idea of who we're drafting!

Couldn't agree more. I have no problem taking the time to scout but, the way Madden does it is so unrealistic. We should have 40 times and other info that everyone see's from the combine at least. Also what system they fit in. Any think the normal fan can easily find out should be there.

If we need to spend points it should be for injuries or stuff like that. Head coach 09 did a fantastic job with this.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't mind how it is set up.

I do think that it isn't possible to get an in depth scouting report on a wide variety of players though. We need more points, or reduce the amount of points it costs to get an actual numerical value in some categories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I like the last two posts.

They either need to make scouting a litttle less expensive or change the system altogether

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree it needs to change, but i also think people need to stop putting so much emphasis on 40 times and the combine. Many GM's have stated that the combine just tells them what they already know and that 95% of their scouting is done before the combine even starts.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
I agree it needs to change, but i also think people need to stop putting so much emphasis on 40 times and the combine. Many GM's have stated that the combine just tells them what they already know and that 95% of their scouting is done before the combine even starts.

I agree about the combine I was just giving that example. In Head Coach there is info you know in the season. Things like production. Even some physical ratings like speed. Then when you have the combine and individual work outs you confirm the info. You still don't know everything beyond all doubt. There are still busts and surprises. It was done great.

It was done more realistic. It's strange that J. Looman did head coach but, they won't just use the same system in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »