Home

Living world

This is a discussion on Living world within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24
Living world

1st and foremost I'll say that I really like the game it's what I believe the developer wanted to be last gen. It's a reAlly polish version of the 360 ps3 era game. I believe next madden when they start to innovate with the new hardware will be the real next gen madden in 15. This year they played it safe and I don't. Blame them.

One thing that has me kinda PO is their advertisement of living world. What happened to the sideline being interactive. Player catching you and running into them. I just hate it when EA hypes their features not only when it's underwhelming but In this case it doesn't even exists in the game. Here is the video we were presented

My question now is to you guys what would like to see out of this living world features I the future

Last edited by drlw322; 12-29-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Living world

Yeah, it didn't make it into Madden 25, but it sure as hell did in FIFA 14. The entire stadium go ape **** when you score a goal in FIFA 14. From them jumping up and down, horns blowing, flags waving. Kind of funny I was thinking about this a couple of days ago.

I ran out of bounds many times and never had any player touch me at all in Madden 25. Everybody just stands there motionless. Maybe they can patch it in I guess. Judging by what they are doing with patches with NBA Live 14, there don't seem to be a time limit, patch limit or file size limit. NBA Live 14 has had 3 patches in 1 month.

So IMO if EA can do that for Live, then they need to do it for ALL of their sports games and stop holding stuff back for next year and stop holding stuff back for you can release a little at a time over the course of 3 or 4 years.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Ya I figured this game wasn't going to be what they said it would, I mean no videos of the game before release and just video of lame foot planting, its just a little bit of new paint on a stale series. Cash grab once again and again and again.

Playing:
Old 12-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Ya I figured this game wasn't going to be what they said it would, I mean no videos of the game before release and just video of lame foot planting, its just a little bit of new paint on a stale series. Cash grab once again and again and again.

Playing:
Old 12-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
Rookie

I3raiNfreezE's Arena

OVR: 4

In one game vs the CPU I saw Colin Kaepernick run into a teammate on the sideline who caught him and hit him on his helmet in encouragement after Kaepernick ran for a first down. This was the only time I'd seen a player interact with the sideline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #6
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0

I've seen a few sideline interactions, but they don't happen often. I also hate how dead the crowd is. It seems as if they only really get into the game on touchdowns and turnovers. What about big plays and clutch situations?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
1st and foremost I'll say that I really like the game it's what I believe the developer wanted to be last gen.
Outside of the minor graphical upgrades that needed more power to pull off and couldn't have been done effectively last generation, there is practically nothing in this game that couldn't have been done last generation or the generation prior, and we know that because we've seen it done by other football games, and in a number of cases done better.

The whole True-Step promotion was laughable to me, but sad at the same time because the fact that something like that would be promoted at all is a great example of how the genre has devolved as a result of a non-competitive environment, especially since systems just as good and arguably better were done before and without the need for real-time physics. The grass promotion just sealed it as the pinnacle of absurdity. EA/Tiburon hasn't innovated a single thing in nearly a decade. It's the same thing with how they were promoting something basic like pass trajectories a few years ago. It just makes you sad, smh.

While the game is a small improvement over last gen, if this is what the developers wanted last gen to be, then to me that's a pretty damaging indictment on them. In reality, this game could've been so much more last generation, and it should be so much more right now. I like Madden 25, especially after the patches, but it was too little too late. The game bombed in sales (by Madden standards) despite constant promotion, people just quit falling for the okie doke. Heck, I didn't even buy the game, I got it free. I want to wish the sales bombing to be a wake up call for them, but after a near decade, I know better than that.

For them to put their sales back on track, Madden 15 will need to be a walk-off TD. With the same engine still carrying on--and even worse the same animations--I can't see how it will happen. Like I said in another post, going the port route with their legacy engine saved their butts for this year, but doomed them and us for the next 5-9 years. I don't know what else they can do with their legacy engine. It's like they're trying to squeeze blood from a turnip at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »