Home

Madden 25 Next Gen - How's Your CFM Going?

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Next Gen - How's Your CFM Going? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #65
Rookie

jdawg26's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25 Next Gen - How's Your CFM Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Oh, I see. I thought that people said that there's a glitch with the custom playbooks though--that it breaks the game or something? Maybe I'm wrong.
They make your playbook really unorganized and sometimes make the game lag, even if offline. Also, if you want to save in-game and continue your game later, the game will crash when using a custom book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #66
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Just finished Week 5 in my second year. Ravens currently sitting at 5-0 and handling everyone we come across, including a 43-0 win over the Steelers and a 66-20 win over the defending champion Patriots in which Brady threw 7 INTs. About to play the only team that kept close with me, (21-13) the Bengals.

I've seemingly got over the INT bug I had last season as Flacco has 16 TDs and 3 INTs. Checkdowns have become a big part of my pass game.

The game against Brady made me upset and I wanted to start over but I just went with it. It just seemed pretty random.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #67
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Finally getting back to playing a CFM. Haven't started one yet on the next gen version. I always go with the Seahawks as they are my team. But I get bored with playing as the same team all the time. So I decided to go with the Dolphins. I picked a group of teams in the AFC I never use, who had bad records last season. And randomly picked one.

I am using Charter04s sliders from the forum, but have been tweaking them. As the defaults are a little off in my opinion. I think I might be at a good point now. But we shall see. I am also doing a coach this time, instead of an owner. First time doing that on any version of Madden 25. I figure I can get fired and find a new job. Or maybe get a better offer in a few years if I don't like the Dolphins.

The first thing I did was play with the roster. Make some trades and cuts. Thinking of the next season. Expecting this first to be pretty bad. Most notable moves are:

I traded Incognito to the Jets for a 6th round.
I traded Karpenter (K) to the Texans for a 6th round.
I traded Odrick (LE) and Rodrquize (TE) to the Raiders for a 5th round.
Broncos cut Knowshon Moreno so I signed him.
49ers cut Kendall Hunter, and I signed him also.
I traded Daniel Thomas (RB) to the Giants for Scott (RB) and 5th round.
I then signed FA FB Lorig (sp?) and traded FB Charles Clay and Scott to the Rams for a 4th and 7th round.
I traded the other FB and a DT to the Colts for a 3rd round.
Signed Livoal Johnson (DT), FA.
And the Chiefs cut Dexter McCluster, so I signed him.

I also was hit with Injury buts in the pre-season.
Lamar Miller broke his hand in 3rd game. Out for 9 weeks.
Moreno dislocated his elbow in 4th game. Out 6 weeks.
McCluster borken ribs in 4th game. Out 6 weeks.

We went 2-1-1 in the pre-season.

I am now playing on 15 min quarters with accelerate clock to 15. Or I will be. The first 8 games I played on 10 min with accelerate to 15. (4 pre and 4 regular)

After the first four regular season games we are 2-2.
Week 1 - Beat the Browns 7-0 on the road.
Week 2 - Lost to the Colts 23-0 on the road.
Week 3 - Beat the Falcons 34-13 at home.
Week 4 - Lost to the Saints 20-17 on the road.

Next up a 3-1 Ravens team at home. I fully expect to lose.

We are ranked 30th in total offense. But 2nd in total defense.
Tannehill has only thrown 3 TDs, and 7 INTS. And only has 721 yards. 22nd in the NFL. Our leading rusher is Hunter with only 123 yards. 2 TDs. And we are last in every team stat in our division.

I am having fun. Hoping the latest tweaks I made to the sliders even some things out that have been bugging me in the first 8 games. It seems though anytime you make the slightest change to one thing, some else gets messed up.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #68
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered already but I can't find it anywhere. Me and my brother have an online CC with 2 relocated teams and we're stuck in stage #2 of the offseason. We both tried to advance each as commish and we get please wait and nothing. We're forced to restart to get back in.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #69
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac

I am using Charter04s sliders from the forum, but have been tweaking them. As the defaults are a little off in my opinion. I think I might be at a good point now. But we shall see. I am also doing a coach this time, instead of an owner. First time doing that on any version of Madden 25. I figure I can get fired and find a new job. Or maybe get a better offer in a few years if I don't like the Dolphins.
I know in the 360 version you couldn't change your teams unless you retired that coach and made a new one. Not sure about the getting fired option.

It sucks and hopefully they changed it for this gen but I doubt it.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #70
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
I know in the 360 version you couldn't change your teams unless you retired that coach and made a new one. Not sure about the getting fired option.

It sucks and hopefully they changed it for this gen but I doubt it.
Really? That sucks. I was just assuming you would be able to, since coach firing is an option. I might have to start a new test one tonight and sim to see. If I am going to be stuck with one team the entire time, I am not so sure I want to put the effort in as a coach. I will just switch back over to owner.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #71
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Did anyone else have issues starting a CCM with correct rosters? There seems to be some size rating that affects the overall grades for a lot of the D-Lineman in my CCM.

Guys like McCoy, Atkins, Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Suh, Fairley are all < 75 OVR rating due to this Size rating. All their attributes are the same as outside the CCM but I'm afraid that the size and ovr rating being so low, that it will kill realism for trades and contracts.
Anyone else see this issue?

Operation Sports OOTP League
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #72
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

While doing some testing tonight, I noticed almost everyone is from Texas A&M. WTF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »