Home

How do I stop my DT's DE's from diving on the ground?

This is a discussion on How do I stop my DT's DE's from diving on the ground? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
How do I stop my DT's DE's from diving on the ground?

I just picked up Madden 25 for the Xbox One, and I'm having a problem with DE's and DT's.

Whenever I break away from the other teams OL, my guy seems to immediately dive on the ground most of the time. Then, I of course miss tackling the QB or RB because I'm lying on the ground.

I didn't have this problem on the 360, usually I could power move or finesse move past linemen, and If I did I could hold the "X" button heat seeker to, perform a wrap tackle or tap X for a dive tackle.

But now before I can even hit X my guy just dives on the ground if I ever break away from the other teams OL.

Are the controls different or something? Am I missing something obvious? This is really frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 02:13 AM   #2
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How do I stop my DT's DE's from diving on the ground?

This happens to me quite often as well, especially when I use power moves. Sometimes I get the QB at the very end of the slide but usually it ends in disaster.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
This happens to me quite often as well, especially when I use power moves. Sometimes I get the QB at the very end of the slide but usually it ends in disaster.
I first started that too. Then realized that I was tapping the right stick too much. Tap the stick at the snap to engage the OL, but then only move it left or right to move around him. You hit it the way you are moving and not engaged, its almost a dive tackle type maneuver.

At least that is what I have found. Seems to work so far.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

yea, Right stick have to be used properly or your D-line will be blown out at the point of attack. Use a rapid up&down movement to shed the block as an hell!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

i have that same problem idk how to stop it. its annoying lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

At least I'm not the only one, LOL

I use up and down on the right thumb stick to "power move" past defenders. This works fine to power move past defenders, but it seems that up and down on the right stick also initiates the dive animation. That's where the problem starts for me, as soon as I break the tackle my guy just dives. (FWIW I only use right/left on the right stick if a guy is a "finesse move" guy)

Don't know why, but I never had this problem on the 360. I could use up/down to power move past guys, and then I would usually use "heat seeker" if I broke past (By tapping or holding "X"). But now before I can even hit X my guy dives on the ground.

I dunno, I have tried to be more gentle with the thumb sticks, but I guess I keep touching it too much because my guys keep diving.

I give up, lol.

I just went back to the 360 version. GameStop took back the Xbox One version for a full refund, so I just got another game.

I'll wait until next year for NG Madden.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:32 AM   #7
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I guess the game recognized that you've broken free of the defender, and since you're near the QB it interprets your stick movement as a hit stick? That's what I always figured. The game knows the future!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I actually assummed the same..that it was a hit stick when I disengaged. It actually got me a sack as well. I dunno if you are doing this but it comes from being wild with the stick, ever since I have began to be more controlled with my presses I've been getting more sacks and hurries than going crazy with the stick. I'm having a blast rushing the passer as opposed to current gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »