Home

Any News on a Patch?

This is a discussion on Any News on a Patch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Any News on a Patch?

I own the game but can't play it. It won't even load into an intro screen before kicking back to the home screen on Xbox One. I contacted support and they say this is a known issue on Xbox One that they will address in an upcoming patch, "hopefully soon." I chatted with support just after Christmas.

I haven't been following game news closely, so I was wondering, has anyone heard anything about when a patch may be coming?

Right now my game is obviously unplayable. I got it for $10 after a trade in of CG at Amazon, and at some point, I'd like to at least see what if anything is different.

Thanks in advance if anyone can chime in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Any News on a Patch?

you should tr uninstalling it and installing it again. I am away from my console and cant rember how to uninstall a game but it sounds like an install issue i had a similar expereince with NBA 2k14 the first day had to reinstall problem fixed.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

GT=HFIELDS
Old 01-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofields
you should tr uninstalling it and installing it again. I am away from my console and cant rember how to uninstall a game but it sounds like an install issue i had a similar expereince with NBA 2k14 the first day had to reinstall problem fixed.
Yeah, I tried that. More than once, actually.

In fact, I had the game from Amazon, experienced the issue, uninstalled and installed, and figured I had a bad disc. So I returned/exchanged it with Amazon for a new disc. But the same thing happened all over. So it wasn't the disc.

That's when I chatted with support, and support told me, politely, that I was SOL until they patch it, but he didn't know when a patch would come. He said it was a known xbox one issue.

I have a different problem on NBA 2k14. I can't play that one either because I hit the MyGM playoff glitch where the mode will not allow you to advance. That is also apparently a known issue, for which a patch is needed. No official ETA on that patch either, though a rumor out right now says late February or March. Franchise modes like MyGM are all I play.

So, I'm really kinda screwed with my only two purchased nextgen games right now, Madden25 and NBA 2k14.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

This is why I never buy next gen systems on or near release. I try to give it about a year to work out any bugs. I plan on purchasing xb1 sometime in august.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 01-09-2014, 12:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Yeah, I tried that. More than once, actually.

In fact, I had the game from Amazon, experienced the issue, uninstalled and installed, and figured I had a bad disc. So I returned/exchanged it with Amazon for a new disc. But the same thing happened all over. So it wasn't the disc.

That's when I chatted with support, and support told me, politely, that I was SOL until they patch it, but he didn't know when a patch would come. He said it was a known xbox one issue.

I have a different problem on NBA 2k14. I can't play that one either because I hit the MyGM playoff glitch where the mode will not allow you to advance. That is also apparently a known issue, for which a patch is needed. No official ETA on that patch either, though a rumor out right now says late February or March. Franchise modes like MyGM are all I play.

So, I'm really kinda screwed with my only two purchased nextgen games right now, Madden25 and NBA 2k14.
I have the same advice of reinstalling which you said didn't help. I also had a issue right out of the gate on ps4 where for some reason when I started the update it would start updating but my notification thing would go off about every minute saying update ready to install which would stop my update so it would never finish installing. maybe it has something to do with the update you install that you get right out of the gate before you ever play. Is there a way to delete everything even the update you installed when you first started madden? maybe if you delete everything and reinstalled it would work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 02:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

weird stuff never had any issues with madden nor nba 2k14
try re installing game with your internet connection disabled so that it wont install the patch. maybe check the date that your system is showing make sure it is current. last but not least create another user name account see if that works. clear your systems catche
Old 01-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
I have the same advice of reinstalling which you said didn't help. I also had a issue right out of the gate on ps4 where for some reason when I started the update it would start updating but my notification thing would go off about every minute saying update ready to install which would stop my update so it would never finish installing. maybe it has something to do with the update you install that you get right out of the gate before you ever play. Is there a way to delete everything even the update you installed when you first started madden? maybe if you delete everything and reinstalled it would work?
I can't seem to find a way to access the HD on xbox one to do a delete or delete the patch, the way you could on 360. I'm not sure, but I think that's no longer available and you can only "uninstall," which is not exactly the same thing, technically.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #8
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzleroybrown
weird stuff never had any issues with madden nor nba 2k14
try re installing game with your internet connection disabled so that it wont install the patch. maybe check the date that your system is showing make sure it is current. last but not least create another user name account see if that works. clear your systems catche
Hmm. . . I'll try another uninstall offline and then reinstall it offline, let it get to 100%, then reconnect online and see if it does a fresh patch install. Maybe that will do something.

Alternately I could restore factory defaults to the system, but I'm not sure if that really wipes everything, and anyway, I still have NBA 2k14 stuff I'm hoping I can get back if they ever get that patched. Then again, it's maybe 100% saved in the cloud anyway.

First things first, I'll try the offline uninstall/reinstall and see how that progresses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »