Home

Angry Joe put Madden (next gen) on list of 10 worst games of 2013

This is a discussion on Angry Joe put Madden (next gen) on list of 10 worst games of 2013 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Angry Joe put Madden (next gen) on list of 10 worst games of 2013

I dont know who Angry Joe is, I dont care wo Angry Joe is! That being said, his review was imo completely on base. When you look at what EA produced, compared to what they Advertised, it spells out one thing, FRAUD. When it comes to Madden Football, EA is a complete FRAUD. When you cant be upfront and honest to your supporters about the product that your putting out, something is really wrong with that, and it speaks volumes to the fact that EA cold care less about Madden game players. 25 years ive purchased this game. Im a freakin idiot.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #74
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
That possibility, of annual competition, would seem to be a great motivator for EA to grab the license and lock out the competition from producing an NFL game..Yes, a football game could have been produced, and still can, but I think most would agree, they want the actual teams and players, yes? It would seem that since 2k8 football, other companies agree that there is no way to compete with Madden without an NFL license.

Maybe if 2k didn't have the price drop, things would have been different?
No doubt the threat of 2k taking up market share was a motivator. I don't think that can be disputed. The writing was on the wall.

Ultimately for many reasons, I believe the price drop was a major factor. There clearly were other factors as well, but ultimately I believe the price drop may have been the death knell for 2k football, despite it being a brilliant strategy.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The issues he brought up have been discusseed ad nauseum here. We should discuss them more because some guy on the internet made a review? Should we have a new thread everytime someone on Youtube posts a Madden review? The issue wasn't even his points, most of which nobody here disagrees with. That's the problem, you're so anxious to criticize all things EA, you simply miss the point.

Monopoly of licensed football games? There's no such thing. It's called exclusive licensing. Does the NFL not have the right to market and sell it's IP as it sees fit? Is it your contention the government should force the NFL to sell the license to all comers, despite it being their product? Should we also set the price for the NFL as well?

I despise the exclusive licensing agreement. I loved 2k, I had friends on the dev team, and some of my ideas made it in to 2k5, however I am also a believer that an entity such as the NFL is free to do with their IP as they see fit.

That's about what I figured.
You obviously don't read sarcasm to well eh.. smart guy. Everyone in this thread outside of you know how contradicting your posts have been lmfao... 0 and 3 now huh?

Give it a rest little angry man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Nothing's changed. 2k is not getting back in to the game
There he goes with his inside info again...
Old 01-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #77
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
There he goes with his inside info again...
Actually in this case you may be surprised. When 2k fires up a football game you can tell me otherwise. Networking was one of the perks of being on staff back in the day here. Despite that, what indicators out there show that 2k is even remotely in a position to get a football game to market? Their financials? The direction their management has taken in sports games? How well they've done with managing the NBA and MLB series? The days of the old school Visual Concepts are over. It's a new world over there unfortunately.

what was the other piece of inside info? You never did answer me or the other posters wondering what you were talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac

Give it a rest little angry man.
Irony. Yawn.

Last edited by bkrich83; 01-11-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #78
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Angry Joe put Madden (next gen) on list of 10 worst games of 2013

I respect and value bkrich's and kehlis's input far more than yours, Jetpac. Both are completely honest and doesn't let their own biases get in the way of the how they post on OS.

When you can post without an agenda and without bias, you may be thought of in the same way and be respected within this community.

The honest truth is this game isn't perfect and isn't terrible and doesn't belong in anyone's bottom 10. EA needs to stay focused on improvement and to use more of the capabilities of the next gen systems. Madden 25 is a playable game and is fairly enjoyed by most gamers.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

Last edited by JaymeeAwesome; 01-11-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #79
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Despite that, what indicators out there show that 2k is even remotely in a position to get a football game to market? Their financials? The direction their management has taken in sports games? How well they've done with managing the NBA and MLB series? The days of the old school Visual Concepts are over. It's a new world over there unfortunately.

Take 2 iteractive is making boatloads of cash on GTA V and are attempting to, and have , purchased some of there public stock back, in order to become a private company again( i.e. no share holders to appease with ROI)
Old 01-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #80
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriendlyghst
Take 2 iteractive is making boatloads of cash on GTA V and are attempting to, and have , purchased some of there public stock back, in order to become a private company again( i.e. no share holders to appease with ROI)
Hopefully that trend continues. Their outlook was pretty bleak not too long ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »