Home

The Original John Madden Football Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on The Original John Madden Football Gameplay Video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #73
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Original John Madden Football Gameplay Video

This thread got me thinking about two of my all time favorite football game growing up: NFL Football 94 featuring Joe Montana by Sega. The spiritual successor to the NFL 2K series. Also was a big fan of the QB Club games back in the day (to this day QB Club 2002 still has the most realistic coin toss of any football game).
Old 08-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #74
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

notice how there is only 9 players>

it was originally going to be only 5 and madden said 'no way thats not football' they had to spend millions to get it to 9
Old 08-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #75
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Ah, the good ol' days, although I played the originals to death(2600 football, Real Sports, Intellivision, Mario Football. Play Action, Tecmo Bowl), it wasn't until That first Genesis year(Madden, Lakers v Celtics, and later on in 91 NHL) that I truly was hooked forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #76
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I actually feel bad for kids today. Sure, there game is insanely better than what I had. I started out with the hand held, Atari, and a football card game. But I had something these kids never had...those wow moments. When I first popped in tecmo and realized it had real players, the first time I turned on Game day and saw the intro with a real nfl montage, the first time I saw nfl2ks halftime show.

Madden is all these kids know, if they started on ps3 or Xbox360 then they've really never experienced a moment like that. That's a shame.
im 24, and Ive had some of those wow moments, a little later than yours, like when the PS1 came out, those graphics were groundbreaking back then. Being INSIDE the stadium and seeing actual bodies tackling and running was amazing, my parents even brought the PS1 to my aunts on Xmas day and plugged it in to play a game and show everyone how cool it was. Also create a player was another thing that had me from the start. I remember making myself like 7 foot 7 295 pounds and 99 ratings in everything and just hand myself the ball every single play every single game…those were the days

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »