Home

madden 25 ps4vor xbox 1

This is a discussion on madden 25 ps4vor xbox 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: madden 25 ps4vor xbox 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenG
Hopefully one day EA stops being pricks and releases it on PC. I would love to see it in native 1440p/4k 60FPS. Unfortunately the only reason I own a xbone is because of sports games (and its a damn good cable box / netflix machine.) But honestly, for the next 6-7 years Madden will be very close graphically between systems favoring PS4 slightly. We'll see how much the esRam and updated SDK help with optimization for the Xbone though.

Either way its a good buy on both systems and will not make much a difference because of each systems architecture and specs being close to the same slightly favoring the ps4.
Ditto on that, I want madden PC....and the games are so close on both consoles there's no reason for anyone to feel slighted.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #42
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Well after the February update the XB1 version has improved graphically a lot.

The removal of the sharpness filter on the xb1 which made things look jaggy has made the graphics look much nicer as you do not see the huge amounts of sharp edges....I am loving how it looks now

Throw in the better color contrast and the game is looking super nice
Old 03-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #43
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Well after the February update the XB1 version has improved graphically a lot.

The removal of the sharpness filter on the xb1 which made things look jaggy has made the graphics look much nicer as you do not see the huge amounts of sharp edges....I am loving how it looks now

Throw in the better color contrast and the game is looking super nice
Did it add Dolby Digital support over TOSLINK (optical) cables?

I was pretty boned when I discovered it was compatible with my surround sound system. But MSoft said they were going to patch it so maybe they did.

I'd check myself, but I returned it to Amazon and got a PS4 with the refund.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp

I was pretty boned when I discovered it was compatible with my surround sound system. But MSoft said they were going to patch it so maybe they did.

Yes the update added Dolby Digital over toslink...5.1 and 7.1 and stuff..

I'm going to have to check out Madden again now...see if it's up to the PS4's graphics

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #45
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp

The new firmware added a ton of new features..

It added bitstream audio selection which enables Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS SUrround over HDMI and Optical

So now you can use third party headphones that require optical for Dolby and it would work like always.

It added new features for party chat which now is on by default and streamlined the friends list to include recent players like 360

Biggest addition is the Twitch Streaming in 720p via Kinect....You can archive your sessions for uploading to Youtube and others to watch on Twitch

Resume games quickly went from Beta to none beta version which goes back to games quikly in and out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #46
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yes the update added Dolby Digital over toslink...5.1 and 7.1 and stuff..

I'm going to have to check out Madden again now...see if it's up to the PS4's graphics
The jaggies are not as soft as the PS4 for sure but much improved over pre firmware and contrast has always been better on xb1

The grass looks green on xb1
Old 03-07-2014, 11:59 PM   #47
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
If you just want sports games then It comes down to your preference of controllers really.

The PS4 looks a little sharper but they both look the same overall. This isn't like the PS4 looks amazing and the Xone looks like the GameCube graphics like some are leading you to believe.
Truthfully neither one looks all that great. I do wish they would hire more people so they can get graphics on par with other sports games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ditto on that, I want madden PC....and the games are so close on both consoles there's no reason for anyone to feel slighted.
Yeah, PC would be nice. But I think they could get a lot more out of it from the PS4 and XBone than they have (just look at other sports games). Is it talent or corporate greed or what, no one knows, but there is clearly a wide gap in graphics between Madden Next Gen and other Next Gen sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »