Home

Passing/ WR/DB interactions need an overhaul

This is a discussion on Passing/ WR/DB interactions need an overhaul within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Passing/ WR/DB interactions need an overhaul

Madden needs to totally rebuild it's passing mechanic,s so much is wrong with it.

1: Every qb plays the same. I play with peyton manning or an undrafted rookie, zero difference. (The vision cone was a good idea should have been left as an option)

2: Ball is always tethered to the receiver.

3: WR/DB interactions are woefull. Why everytime I have 1 on 1 down the field with my 6 4 receiver, the WR just gets stuck in an animation, never makes a play on the ball, or tries to adjust his route to get the ball, allowing the DB to easily get the INT, even if he was open by 2-3 steps? eh sticks his hands out while the DB makes an adjustment and jumps for the ball WTF? Where is the fighting for the ball?

4: Qb throwing animations are still god awful.

5: Why after all this time is there still such a weak playbook? There should be a lot more plays in the playbooks now.

This is just the tip of the iceberg madden has other issue but I wanted to talk just about passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Passing/ WR/DB interactions need an overhaul

I'm sure by now we've all noticed there are a lot of flaws in this game. Passing is a big issue here, with the 2 trillion calculations (dev's words not mine) that players have now. I find it funny we still get horribly missed blocks, glitching players across the field on a reg basis and 90% underthrown deep balls. To this extent, I def. feel the passing game is in dire need of an overhaul.

What I do find funny is the animations and the QB player models. Cam Newton is fat and his throwing motion is horrendous in Madden. Maybe with this new team something will change.

One can only hope.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Madden needs to totally rebuild it's passing mechanic,s so much is wrong with it.

1: Every qb plays the same. I play with peyton manning or an undrafted rookie, zero difference. (The vision cone was a good idea should have been left as an option)

2: Ball is always tethered to the receiver.

3: WR/DB interactions are woefull. Why everytime I have 1 on 1 down the field with my 6 4 receiver, the WR just gets stuck in an animation, never makes a play on the ball, or tries to adjust his route to get the ball, allowing the DB to easily get the INT, even if he was open by 2-3 steps? eh sticks his hands out while the DB makes an adjustment and jumps for the ball WTF? Where is the fighting for the ball?

4: Qb throwing animations are still god awful.

5: Why after all this time is there still such a weak playbook? There should be a lot more plays in the playbooks now.

This is just the tip of the iceberg madden has other issue but I wanted to talk just about passing.
Yeah it's about time for madden to overhaul passing and just about everything else too. LONG OVERDUE

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #4

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Would like to add that QB drop back animations, and QB movement in the pocket overall needs a overhaul. You got QBs doing 360 spins jumping up in the air and completing passes. Im sure people have seen the vids. Well maybe not 360 but the will have there back to the play and when you pass it they kinda leap in the air and throw it with perfect accuracy.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Would like to add that QB drop back animations, and QB movement in the pocket overall needs a overhaul. You got QBs doing 360 spins jumping up in the air and completing passes. Im sure people have seen the vids. Well maybe not 360 but the will have there back to the play and when you pass it they kinda leap in the air and throw it with perfect accuracy.
my god this is so overlooked but QBs need to be able to move in the pocket a lot more precisely and the right stick should be freed up for evasive moves like the Romo spin or the Newton hop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

2KGAWDD's Arena

a deep discussion about the vision cone needs to be had. This was truly the first time you really FELT you were throwing with a rookie/inadequate back up or with the field awareness of a legend like peyton manning which spanned the entire field. idk why they jus 86d it from the game
Old 01-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I've used my own Madden manifesto sliders for qbs for years now to see more of a difference.I use the in game qb accuracy rating for each qb and divide by a number to differentiate between them more.I also use the previous years int.pct.for them and use that for the int. slider.

Shouldn't have to do this though.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KGAWDD
a deep discussion about the vision cone needs to be had. This was truly the first time you really FELT you were throwing with a rookie/inadequate back up or with the field awareness of a legend like peyton manning which spanned the entire field. idk why they jus 86d it from the game
They changed it because it was too sim. The casuals don't want that in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »