Home

The CPU is too easy to beat

This is a discussion on The CPU is too easy to beat within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2014, 01:05 AM   #25
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The CPU is too easy to beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KGAWDD
not sure how you can call something bs that i could show you.... 13-3 record with the jaguars on all madden leading the league in passing yards with blaine gabbert. and im not here to compare it to 2k when we all know its not even close.
He isn't saying your full of BS, read his post.

I'm not sure what is difficult to understand about what we have said. All games have exploits, 90% of those exploits make those games easy to beat. Solution, don't use the exploits.

Amazing concept.

Last edited by AshamanCarnage; 02-09-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 04:07 AM   #26
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

Play on All Pro

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:47 AM   #27
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
in past years I would take out my best 3-4 run plays and 3-4 pass plays, and would remove my "go to" 3rd down must convert plays as well.

switch playbooks and don't use those plays. don't abuse stuff you know decimates. example: I love the chiefs. but frankly, I can't play with Jamaal Charles. IMO he actually breaks the game. it is just too easy. so I went to using HB's with a 94 speed or lower is preferred.

then I realized I couldn't make it a realistic game, and I would beat the CPU with the exact same score even on as hard as you can make it. why? because the CPU doesn't play to win. you play APF and are down by 1 point with less than 2 min, and the CPU will use timeouts knowing that you can run clock, kick a FG, and win. in madden, the cpu will let you run it down to no time left, and kick the FG to take the lead/win the game. its like this in a lot of different scenarios.
This is so not true. I have had the cpu call time outs to stop the clock when the game was tied late and I was close to the endzone to save time.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #28
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
This is so not true. I have had the cpu call time outs to stop the clock when the game was tied late and I was close to the endzone to save time.
That doesn't mean it's not true... All that proves is it doesn't happen every time...
Old 02-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
He isn't saying your full of BS, read his post.

I'm not sure what is difficult to understand about what we have said. All games have exploits, 90% of those exploits make those games easy to beat. Solution, don't use the exploits.

Amazing concept.
What are you talking about? I use the gameflow on all madden and let the CPU call every one of my plays. I complete 79% of my passes with Terrelle Pryor. I dont use any money plays, the CPU is just simply too easy to beat. I can use a QB that has a rating of 60 and get the same numbers as Peyton Manning without "exploiting" the game.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:16 AM   #30
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbeebe2
What are you talking about? I use the gameflow on all madden and let the CPU call every one of my plays. I complete 79% of my passes with Terrelle Pryor. I dont use any money plays, the CPU is just simply too easy to beat. I can use a QB that has a rating of 60 and get the same numbers as Peyton Manning without "exploiting" the game.
This is unlikely...

also, do you user catch? Assuming that you do, try letting the cpu make all WR catches, that will lower your completion percentage 10ish points probably
Old 02-10-2014, 12:41 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
This is unlikely...

also, do you user catch? Assuming that you do, try letting the cpu make all WR catches, that will lower your completion percentage 10ish points probably
No, I dont user catch. The only receiver that drops passes on my team is Jacoby Ford, and if he does catch the ball he gets injured anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

There's not a sports game I've ever owned that I don't tinker or mess with sliders to suit the style I play.(sim)

I'm playing on All-Pro with adjusted sliders and last night beat the Falcons by 3 points with 20 seconds left on a TD by Jordy Nelson.

Oh yeah, Flacco, hit 43% of his passes. The WR's were dropping them like crazy on hits or just drops. Pressure got to Flacco once and he overthrew a wide open WR.

The score at half was 6-0 Falcons. The score at the end of the third quarter was 14 to 10, Falcons.

The Packers are 3-2, leading their division. Not exactly setting the world on fire.

And through 5 games, the CPU is calling TO's at the appropriate times. Finally, after all these years. Plus, I don't see the auto TO called in the past at the 1:01 mark anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »