Home

The CPU is too easy to beat

This is a discussion on The CPU is too easy to beat within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
The CPU is too easy to beat

On All-Madden I won the Superbowl in my first year with the sorry *** Raiders. I feel like I have to adjust the sliders and settings too much just to make it somewhat competitive. I get bored smashing the CPU every game, does anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The CPU is too easy to beat

Play sim. Only call the plays brought up by game flow. The best answer is already in your post, sliders.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sliders, house rules.. Get you a set of sliders you like and adjust. I recommend adjust pass blocking to your liking for the CPU and only play on defensive lineman and don't change after a play starts. With a good pass rusher it's fun for you and also with the right set of sliders your backs won't be all over every play and you won't be able to compensate for them. Which means you have to upgrade until you get the right players.im having a blast this way. Id start with charters as a base and go from there adjusting what you don't like about how it's playing
Old 01-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

in past years I would take out my best 3-4 run plays and 3-4 pass plays, and would remove my "go to" 3rd down must convert plays as well.

switch playbooks and don't use those plays. don't abuse stuff you know decimates. example: I love the chiefs. but frankly, I can't play with Jamaal Charles. IMO he actually breaks the game. it is just too easy. so I went to using HB's with a 94 speed or lower is preferred.

then I realized I couldn't make it a realistic game, and I would beat the CPU with the exact same score even on as hard as you can make it. why? because the CPU doesn't play to win. you play APF and are down by 1 point with less than 2 min, and the CPU will use timeouts knowing that you can run clock, kick a FG, and win. in madden, the cpu will let you run it down to no time left, and kick the FG to take the lead/win the game. its like this in a lot of different scenarios.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
because the CPU doesn't play to win. you play APF and are down by 1 point with less than 2 min, and the CPU will use timeouts knowing that you can run clock, kick a FG, and win. in madden, the cpu will let you run it down to no time left, and kick the FG to take the lead/win the game. its like this in a lot of different scenarios.
I had this exact scenario in Madden the other night and they used their timeouts as they should have. And then Gore fumbled and I lost anyway.

Anyway, maybe it's placebo, I don't know but All-Pro seems to play better to me. I shut Rodgers down on AM, but he lit me up for almost 400 yards on AP.

To make it harder, I use house rules. No switching on D. I use Ask Madden for my play calls. When I kick FGs, I have to use the stick to aim during the kick, no using the arrow pre-kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

well, if that is the case, then good on them for improving a stupid AI in that situation. I am sure there are more in that type though in terms of game management.

and yeah, it seems you have to limit yourself quite a bit for fair games. I also like that in APF, turnovers are realistic. it drives me insane to put the INT slider down to 2 or whatever, and still get 5 int's in a game on the hardest difficulty. whereas I have games with no turnovers at times on APF. and yeah, its the individual differences in players. I can't tell a difference in madden between Rodgers and another QB. I can in APF depending on something as simple as 1-3 skills. not making this a 2k vs EA thread, as we ALL are tired of that, just saying in this case- you really have to play to their strengths(your opponent). In madden, I really don't "fear" anyone. and that is unfortunate.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
Play sim. Only call the plays brought up by game flow. The best answer is already in your post, sliders.
thiss!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

i agree thats why I only play online, but then the problem with that is all the ******s you come across

occasionally you match up with someone the same playing style as you

I wish thats how they found you a match, based on your play style, not your skill points. They have all the stats recorded for how you play, should be easy to match people up based on that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »