Home

Madden 25 Connected Franchise/Roster Question PS4

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Connected Franchise/Roster Question PS4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Madden 25 Connected Franchise/Roster Question PS4

Hello everyone I have been trying to find an answer to this but I can't seem to find one. I am starting a Franchise with the Buffalo Bills. So, what I first did before starting the franchise on the main screen was I downloaded the most updated roster. I then went and re ordered all depth charts to make sure all spots were filled.Then, I saved the roster. Just to make sure the roster was properly loaded I re loaded the roster I just saved. I then went on to begin my franchise and created an offline one. I chose the option of using a Import Custom Roster. (It never asked me which roster I would like to load) So I went through all the other options of creating my owner and picking my team and so on. I am now at the main menu of my franchise and all the rosters are scrambled. I had Bryan Hoyer as the starter on Cleveland's team at a 77 overall, but when I checked the depth chart in my franchise he has a 71 overall and is the third string QB.

All Pre existing injuries are off when I start my franchise as well so that is not the problem.

My question is am I doing something wrong here? Why is he not the starter when I begin my franchise? I am confused with that.

Thank you in advance for any advice or help anyone can give.
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 25 Connected Franchise/Roster Question PS4

I have always wondered the same thing
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 01-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

The ratings change when you go into CCM since they adjust for the scheme. That's why the ratings are different.

Are you playing as the Browns? If so, I have no idea why it altered your depth chart. If you aren't, then the CPU teams do their own thing. They'll reorder their depth charts throughout the season.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
The ratings change when you go into CCM since they adjust for the scheme. That's why the ratings are different.

Are you playing as the Browns? If so, I have no idea why it altered your depth chart. If you aren't, then the CPU teams do their own thing. They'll reorder their depth charts throughout the season.

No, I am playing as the Bills. Even some of their ratings changed as well. So it goes on scheme? I guess i have a rough time taking that in because why would the schemes change when I start a franchise? Aren't they the same coaches for each team so why would they change?
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Old 01-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

You would think they'd be the same, but they're not.

In your franchise, I think if you go into your scheme and change each player type to Balanced, you'll be pretty close to what their ratings are outside of Franchise.

I know for my 49ers, outside of Franchise, Ian Williams is the starting NT with a rating in the 70s, Quinton Dial is next and Lamar Divens is third with a rating of 52. In my franchise, with a 3-4 scheme and Nose Tackle as the player type, Divens becomes the starter with a rating around 70, Williams drops to a 60 and Dial to a 50. If I change the player type to Balanced, the ratings go back to how they were outside of Franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
You would think they'd be the same, but they're not.

In your franchise, I think if you go into your scheme and change each player type to Balanced, you'll be pretty close to what their ratings are outside of Franchise.

I know for my 49ers, outside of Franchise, Ian Williams is the starting NT with a rating in the 70s, Quinton Dial is next and Lamar Divens is third with a rating of 52. In my franchise, with a 3-4 scheme and Nose Tackle as the player type, Divens becomes the starter with a rating around 70, Williams drops to a 60 and Dial to a 50. If I change the player type to Balanced, the ratings go back to how they were outside of Franchise mode.
I gotcha. Thats bizarre to me that happens, so would I be better off changing each scheme to balance?
Old 01-29-2014, 12:41 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal_cucchiara123
I gotcha. Thats bizarre to me that happens, so would I be better off changing each scheme to balance?
If you want it to mimic the ratings in Play Now games, I'd change the player roles to balanced.

I don't know if you can change the roles for the CPU teams, or if it will stick for them. But it will work for the team you're controlling.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #8
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I actually have a similar question about rosters:

1) I remember downloading new rosters when I got the game, and when I went to start an owner's mode franchise, everything was updated. For example, Trent Richardson played for the Colts. Ok, good.

But now, I want to restart a franchise, this time as a coach in franchise mode. So I first try and use the default rosters. But now, Richardson is back on the Browns. So I figure I must just need to upload the rosters. I start a NEW franchise, this time use upload rosters....and Richardson is still on the Browns.

So the roster update worked for owner's mode, but not coach's mode?

I essentially say all of this to ask the following: If I do need to download a new roster, where exactly do I go to do it? When I got the game a month ago, I honestly can't recall where/how I got the downloaded roster, so this time, I need a little help figuring out how to acquire it.

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »