Home

Old 07-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #9
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you stop the run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgar05
So basically the complaints I'm hearing that the def from last gen doesn't translate to current isn't exactly true it's more likely that players who are used to controlling a safety and being able to ball hawk the entire middle of the field with out regard to realistic movement is where there becomes a huge gap? Does the run free tech make the CPU defenders pursue differently as in if your the safety in a 4-4 per say and your opponent runs a toss the backers (CPU) will have trouble getting outside if they're not in good cutting positions?
Outside line backers do not set the edge in run defense. The A.I. is flat out broken on that one. A flat/hook zone should NOT have to be done. On a run play in a 34 defense the OLBs are always supposed to set the edge, unless they are running a stunt or are in coverage. That Madden 25 completely dropped the ball on this is very annoying. People should not be getting 10 yards+ on every single outside run, particularly with the way it is done (OLB just standing there giving up the corner, then the safety running into the OLB as the blockers move well past the 2nd level). It's flatly unrealistic. The running back should rarely be able to turn the corner. On most outside runs the running back should have to cut back inside. It happens all the time in real football.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #10
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

OVR: 1

Does stacking the box help rid this problem or does it only make it worse? I can see it going both ways. I would assume it would discourage the user opponent from running to often but I can also seeing just adding to the frustration as in more of your own players running into each other. Does anyone have any tips or is calling flats and hooks the only solution discovered so far?
NHL: Pens
NCAA: Penn St, WVU
Old 07-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgar05
Does stacking the box help rid this problem or does it only make it worse? I can see it going both ways. I would assume it would discourage the user opponent from running to often but I can also seeing just adding to the frustration as in more of your own players running into each other. Does anyone have any tips or is calling flats and hooks the only solution discovered so far?
Stacking the box and blitzing tends to give up the outside runs even more. Sometimes you can get penetration and blow up a toss or sweep, but the stretch and power plays usually get the edge and the front 7 clump together like silly putty. Lots of defenders getting stuck inside and the secondary is just as inept as the LBs (lots of weird looking movements too).

To "stop" the run in M25 (PS4) you have to play stupid, unrealistic football and ditch realistic strategy like a bad prom date...

The LBs always seem to get a suction step on specific outside runs (sorry, I know what they are, just not going to further publicize them) that combines with the inept secondary tackling angles, viciously overpowered pulling center and guards and the suction blocking (yup...its STILL in the game) that makes it necessary to do weird **** like calling dime and quarter all game and manually adjusting about 4-5 guys on EVERY play.

You can basically sell out to the outside run and give up the middle or sell out to the run totally and get whipped in the passing game, but you're not going to "stop" the run against a human opponent who knows what they are doing...too many broken elements to the defense.

That is all based on head-to-head play though, if you play only against the CPU it may be possible to fool the AI and have a reasonably realistic game...I don't know, I don't play the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #12
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
Try 3-4 Solid Formation. Cover 3 Buzz play.

Put the LB that is all the way to the right in a flat zone look. He is blitzing by default but you want to put him in a flat zone.

Pull him to the outside a little bit.

Then switch from him and control one of the safeties (or the only safety).

Hold R2 until the play starts.

If its a run, your defender will go after the running back.

If its a pass, your defender will stay put.

Beware tho, if they run a draw play...your defender will stay put bc he doesnt know whats happening.

Thank me later.
why not learn some gap control or how defensive fronts work instead of relying on a glitch.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #13
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

Thanks again for all your input. So then the defense things I have been hearing do hold some water based on what you just said. Hopefully when 15 comes out it will be a bit better especially since this year they're preaching defense. But idk. Does anyone else feel like the war in the trenches feature will suck? I fell like they're are adding a generic feature to the game with button mashing Id much prefer a fight night joystick control of power and finese moves opposed to god of war button mashing especially if it's always the same buttons. I hope tackles won't be killed every play I'm worried about it.
NHL: Pens
NCAA: Penn St, WVU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »