Home

OS Roundtable: If You Could Add One Feature To Madden...

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: If You Could Add One Feature To Madden... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: OS Roundtable: If You Could Add One Feature To Madden...

If I had one wish for the Madden series, I'd wish for a thousand wishes for the Madden series. Maybe then I could turn it into something that held my attention.

Zing!

For the sake of this discussion, it'd be a toss up between pass interference calls to be mixed into a realistic number of penalties being called, or new animations and player models to get rid of the hunched over look and goofy throw animations.

I mean seriously, I can't really come up with just one that would remove the sense of repulsion I get when I think about Madden.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #58
Rookie

David129's Arena

OVR: 4
Online co-op period. That should be number 1 on the list.Then make the game look better & play better.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:20 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 22

1-pre/post/halftime shows with game/team/player stats,etc

2-custom cam (for crying out loud)
Old 02-11-2014, 05:14 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

It was mentioned earlier but I don't think enough emphasis is put on it. MAKE THE FIELD THE RIGHT SIZE!!!! This may seem like a minor issue but its not. First off it just goes to show ea's futility as a developer that something as ridiculously simple as correct field proportions can't be done right but it has gameplay implications as well. Part of the reason offense is so over powered is because of this, seriously look at how close together the hash marks are in madden then look at a picture of football players lining up irl, you'll instantly notice the difference. Where this affects gameplay is you don't actually need 10 yrds for a first, you need ten madden yards, the distance a player actually travels on a five yard run in madden would equate to like a 3 yard run in a normal sized field. It basically makes true sim stats and sim gameplay (as if we were close to that anyway) impossible together. If madden can't fix this simple but important problem how can they fix anything?

Last edited by swaggerp357; 02-11-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #61
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2
Duh, PENALTIES!

Does it really matter? We might as well be calling out which SI Swimsuit we wish to "date" first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 7
TOTAL CONTROL PASSING (for real this time)

I've been harping on this for years now. Madden still lacks the ability for the user to put the ball where he or she wants to put it. Yes, you can sort of lead people but leading people is one aspect. I would like to be able to throw over a defenders head or throw low, almost to the feet of my receiver if it calls for it.

I know some will say I can do all those things, but no, I am not crazy and I know the difference, In All-Pro 2K8 its there and I know what it feels like. Its not in Madden and hasnt ever been. It seems that you still have to rely on slants and out routes, etc to avoid the millions of interceptions you are likely to give up trying something else.

Even in one of the press row podcasts they mentioned their were alot of interceptions. I realize interceptions happen, but jeez. More control of where a person wants to put the ball is needed and not having it takes the fun out of it for me
Old 02-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3
Id like to see something similar to what they had for NCAA Football and that is a website to create your own franchise. Playing in whatever state you would like to. I mean taking owner mode to the next level, from what your stadium looks like to the design of your uniform. Being able to use any logo that we desire for helmets, jerseys, pants and the whole stadium. Also the ability to create and fully edit your own roster of players. from their name down to what type of cleats they wear. It would also be nice to have a plethora of jersey and pant types to choose from and the ability to create your own jersey and not have to use the same default uniforms that EA might provide.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
2k engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »