Home

I don't understand...

This is a discussion on I don't understand... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
I don't understand...

...How someone could play M25 on XBOX360 and then go play on XBOX1 and say, "Same game." That to me seems like such a cop-out...the differences are subtle and mostly centered around the gameplay aspects. Players feel more grounded, less zig zag running, throwing motion is improved, line play is better and tackling is way better. I've seen players on the sideline react appropriately as well. Its fun!

M25 (CG/NG) is the first Madden where i've been totally happy with the purchase. Its not 100% sim, but it plays a fun brand of ball with a killer legacy mode in CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I don't understand...

I don't own a next gen console yet, but I do own madden 25 on 360, and I don't see or notice anything substantial about the next gen Madden that screams "Buy me, I'm so much different". I've watched countless videos and there is nothing that makes me want to go buy a PS4 just to play Madden. Of coarse, that is just my perspective. Not paying $60 for minor upgrades, NOR am I supporting the people that pulled such a blatant bait and switch. I will never forget it.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I don't own a next gen console yet, but I do own madden 25 on 360, and I don't see or notice anything substantial about the next gen Madden that screams "Buy me, I'm so much different". I've watched countless videos and there is nothing that makes me want to go buy a PS4 just to play Madden. Of coarse, that is just my perspective. Not paying $60 for minor upgrades, NOR am I supporting the people that pulled such a blatant bait and switch. I will never forget it.
Im on this boat, though I own a next gen console and have played both. While there are subtle differences, the game is still as poor as always in my opinion. They do this every year though. Slightly tweak this, and slightly adjust that, and everything is a minor change. They need to stop tweaking and start dismantling everything and rebuild it from the ground up with people who know and understand football on a realistic level, and people who know how to program games to play properly and realistically. Enough of these tournament guys complaining about a realistic thing making them lose a game. My opinion has always been that if you cannot win a game the way it is supposed to be played, you clearly are not the better player. And how many years has the wind direction been backwards?

Madden feels like Madden, but I want a game that feels like football... Not whatever this nonsense is.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I can understand this. I was the same way...and because of NCAA's demise I was contemplating ending my gaming hobby with the XBOX 360. Once you hold the next gen M25 sticks, at least for me, those upgrades and snappier menu navigation make enough minor differences to add up to a better overall experience.

Yeah, the Madden 06 marketing vs reality was gross. However, this time around we actually got a fully featured and transitioned/upgraded game for the next gen leap. Isn't that what we asked for last gen? I remember playing Madden 08 on my new 360 and thinking "I just wasted $300..I'm going back to my original XBOX." I was also one of the ones that complained and wished, "Why couldn't they have just ported Madden 06 to 360 - HD graphics with a few upgrades...that would be sweet?!"
Old 02-19-2014, 12:24 AM   #5
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
I can understand this. I was the same way...and because of NCAA's demise I was contemplating ending my gaming hobby with the XBOX 360. Once you hold the next gen M25 sticks, at least for me, those upgrades and snappier menu navigation make enough minor differences to add up to a better overall experience.

Yeah, the Madden 06 marketing vs reality was gross. However, this time around we actually got a fully featured and transitioned/upgraded game for the next gen leap. Isn't that what we asked for last gen? I remember playing Madden 08 on my new 360 and thinking "I just wasted $300..I'm going back to my original XBOX." I was also one of the ones that complained and wished, "Why couldn't they have just ported Madden 06 to 360 - HD graphics with a few upgrades...that would be sweet?!"
The big issue for me is the fact that they baited and switched... its that same pathetic, sneaky, and slimy EA Sports move that destroys whatever amount of respect you may have had left for them. while they did slightly improve the game in areas (very few areas), it's still not nearly enough. Think of it this way: If you are a race car driver, a new paint job is great, but it is meaningless if the engine is still broke.

Better graphics are nice but I would take ps2 graphics and realistic gameplay over Super HD 4k pixel graphics and whatever nonsense this game is supposed to replicate. But to each there own. Not everyone sees eye to eye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption

This, is the prominent reason why I am not, nor will I be buying Madden 25 on next gen, and will be my main reason not to buy whatever Madden they come out with next. Because if they went to this length to lie about what they were giving us, then no doubt they will go the same lengths again.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

With the right sliders I absolutely love M25 on the ps3. I just got a ps4 and am trying to decide if it is worth it to buy again for the ps4.

Watching gameplay video comparisons between next gen and current gen versions, to me it looks like the graphics upgrade is pretty decent. Main thing for me is the lack of jaggies which is the only thing I really hate about the ps3 version, and thankfully are gone on the next gen versions. Another thing that intrigues me about the the ps4 version, as someone mentioned in this topic, is snappier menu's. That would be very welcome for me since I find the menu in the ps3 version to be very choppy and a lot of lag to navigate.

The only thing holding me back from buying the ps4 version is the lack of sliders on OS for it. The last few years I find myself just trying other people's sliders looking for a set that works for me. I am tired of the days of endless slider testing. I have my ps3 version of M25 playing great and I am just worried that it will take too many hours trying to get the ps4 to play just as well, only to have the new version coming out in six months.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #8
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I bought Madden for the ps4 today and after spending a little over two hours playing it and then switching to the ps3 version I have to say I totally agree with the TC. There is a massive difference between the ps3 and ps4 versions in every way.

The graphics are vastly improved. The gameplay is much smoother. The menu system is now enjoyable to navigate because it is so much snappier.

I am very happy that I bought the ps4 version and see no reason to ever go back now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »