Home

would love to see a college all-star game in madden

This is a discussion on would love to see a college all-star game in madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
would love to see a college all-star game in madden

since we have no more ncaa football ..I think a all-star game with the hand made prospects would be cool....I think the mlb the show 14 will have one...what do yall think..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
Just started!

EpiqN1nja's Arena

Re: would love to see a college all-star game in madden

I think that would be cool. If I'm not mistaken NBA 2K games had Camps where you could use rookies. Gave you a chance to try them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

This was in Madden on PS2 around 07 I think. Don't believe it got a lot of attention since a lot of people had moved on to the newer consoles by then.

I'd love to see it make a return as well.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
Pro

Trick13's Arena

I would be cool with that, so long as it can be watched without playing, or simmed just for stats/scouting purposes.

I have no issue with it being a playable game for those that want it, but I would rather see it either as a "spectator event" or "scouting tool" for my multi-user CFMs - meaning have it as both options...

On PS4, it is my understanding that you can view other people's games, so as an option where the "commish" of a league set's up this "spectator event" and the other members of that league can watch the game to get some "game film" would be cool as heck.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I would be cool with that, so long as it can be watched without playing, or simmed just for stats/scouting purposes.

I have no issue with it being a playable game for those that want it, but I would rather see it either as a "spectator event" or "scouting tool" for my multi-user CFMs - meaning have it as both options...

On PS4, it is my understanding that you can view other people's games, so as an option where the "commish" of a league set's up this "spectator event" and the other members of that league can watch the game to get some "game film" would be cool as heck.
These are the kind of ideas that make me wish some of you guys here worked at EA Sports. I would absolutely love to see something like the Senior Bowl, with all the generated prospects, but also, make it like NBA2k, where you can make custom prospects, just don't allow stat changes. It would be perfect being able to scout like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Agreed, I've always wanted something like this in Madden or NCAA... Some way to scout incoming rookies (or Freshmen) in a game, rather than just provide arbitrary letters and numbers.

Frankly, I think it's one of many improvements that could be made to the scouting interface in Madden. Personally, I rather see a scouting interface like NCAA.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:13 AM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

I would love to see an actual scouting combine, and remove the "guessing game" scouting mechanic, and instead do it at the combine, actually watching the players run the 40, etc, and ALSO have a college all star game that you could play.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I would love to see an actual scouting combine, and remove the "guessing game" scouting mechanic, and instead do it at the combine, actually watching the players run the 40, etc, and ALSO have a college all star game that you could play.
Yeah, or even have a simulated one. Scouting combine, in the NFL, is one of the big off-season events... heck there was a live feed on NFL Network this year, and Jedeveon Clowney was a trending topic on twitter just because of his 40 time.

The current scouting interface seems so weird to me now that you don't get even the basic items... like "speed" or "catching ability." Like these NFL scouts are just completely ignorant to basic characteristics of these players until they're scouted. I'd like to see a simulated scouting combine that gives you some hint into the players without the feast or famine scouting points mechanic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »