Home

RB can't get around the edge? Stop Complaining!

This is a discussion on RB can't get around the edge? Stop Complaining! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: RB can't get around the edge? Stop Complaining!

Go to NFL network and watch a game on there.
Watch the LBs and Safties at the snap. They are on their toes in their original pre-snap position reading the play BEFORE THEY MOVE. Once they diagnosis the play then they attack. In Madden players do not read the play they simply move at the snap no matter what.

I tested this by placing my SS way outside the tackle on outside runs and not using him. At the snap he always, always always, runs inside of the tackle only to be shielded.

It sad that this game is suppose to have 100000000 of new contextual awareness readings but still plays like N64 days.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Watch the LBs and Safties at the snap. They are on their toes in their original pre-snap position reading the play BEFORE THEY MOVE. Once they diagnosis the play then they attack. In Madden players do not read the play they simply move at the snap no matter what.

I tested this by placing my SS way outside the tackle on outside runs and not using him. At the snap he always, always always, runs inside of the tackle only to be shielded.

It sad that this game is suppose to have 100000000 of new contextual awareness readings but still plays like N64 days.
can't disagree here. That's why you will still see guys covering a patch of grass with no receivers around them. To make it even worse, they will be standing still. Show me an NFL game where a player is standing flat footed in coverage. The outcomes are all still too scripted, so they force players to do certain things to ensure that a play works.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Wow. Somebody needs to visit match.com.
Madden > girlfriends.

Unless you're talkin' about hookers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla

Interesting point, never thought of this but now that I think about it it's so true. And the Zone Coverage the other dude was talking about is 100% on point. Zone's are supposed to shift depending on the where the receivers are, the don't actually sit in one spot and wait. They should be reading the routes that are being run and shift accordingly. If you got MLB responsible for middle of the field yet no WRs are running slants/ins or anything across the middle then why sit there and do nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »