Home

X1/PS4 Madden Graphics pale in comparison when compared to MLB The Show14, NBA2k14

This is a discussion on X1/PS4 Madden Graphics pale in comparison when compared to MLB The Show14, NBA2k14 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2014, 07:26 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: X1/PS4 Madden Graphics pale in comparison when compared to MLB The Show14, NBA2k1

The cameras and replays improved on the PS4/XB1 versions, but by "improved" it only means they put many of the angles back that they took out of previous versions. What they did to the angles in last gen Madden 13 and 25 was just abominable. But with that give-back they also took out the halftime and postgame. Run-outs from Madden 12 taken out, studio intros from Madden 13 taken out. Madden 25; huge drop-off as nothing notable replaced either. I would've liked to have seen them marry both of those things with 1. The studio intros staying in and being more refined and varied. The studio intros were a great idea, and 2. The run-outs being more intelligent, i.e. sometimes there are run-outs, sometimes there are other types of intros, but basically just more variety like what we see on TV.

With Madden it's like, you rarely get a lot of improvement on features. You either have things taken away or taken away and then re-introduced later as "new". Can't wait to see how they re-introduce the Extra Point under a different name and the halftime and postgame shows all as a new thing. And that's probably just wishful thinking that they'll even do it again ever.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: X1/PS4 Madden Graphics pale in comparison when compared to MLB The Show14, NBA2k1

Interesting

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #51
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
The cameras and replays improved on the PS4/XB1 versions, but by "improved" it only means they put many of the angles back that they took out of previous versions. What they did to the angles in last gen Madden 13 and 25 was just abominable.
I am still a dinosaur on the 360. But when I made the jump from '12 to '25, I was surprised at the regression in the graphics. I am not normally one for conspiracy theories, but I wonder if it may have been a deliberate move to downgrade last gen graphics a tad to help make the next gen look more impressive?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am still a dinosaur on the 360. But when I made the jump from '12 to '25, I was surprised at the regression in the graphics. I am not normally one for conspiracy theories, but I wonder if it may have been a deliberate move to downgrade last gen graphics a tad to help make the next gen look more impressive?
I've had some suspicions about that as well. The helmet dullness that popped up all of a sudden on 360/PS3 is what got me wondering.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #53
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I've had some suspicions about that as well. The helmet dullness that popped up all of a sudden on 360/PS3 is what got me wondering.
Looks like the downgrade was actually on '13 (I skipped that edition). Some guy did a comparison on YouTube. In a few cases like the Patriots, the helmet decal was moved out of position. How does that happen?

Old 04-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Looks like the downgrade was actually on '13 (I skipped that edition).
Yep, that's where I began to notice the helmet dullness.

Quote:
Some guy did a comparison on YouTube. In a few cases like the Patriots, the helmet decal was moved out of position. How does that happen?

Unintentional glitch. Then it gets rated low on the priority list for bug fixes if listed at all, or even noticed for that matter. But the helmet dullness in the last two last gen versions of Madden; that I think is a different issue.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #55
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Finally upgraded to next gen. Tried out 2k14 to see the next gen graphics that others mentioned in this thread. I just don't see it. I feel the graphics of 2k14 are no better than madden.

My girlfriend even came into the room one time and said that 2k14 graphics looked worse than Madden on 360. Everyone has their own opinion but for what I see, Madden is on par with other sports games.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #56
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Well, it might be due to the fact they were ported from last gen... but still, sega/2k is blowing them away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »