Home

Player Build issues.

This is a discussion on Player Build issues. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Player Build issues.

I know of JJ Watt and some others off the top of my head but can you guys name any other players that need their player build adjusted?

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Player Build issues.

A lot of offensive linemen look really fat when they simply aren't. In Madden 25 Joe Staley looks better tan any previous year, yet he still looks off. For one, his "belly" doesn't stick out from under his pads like in Madden. He was a TE when he started in college and has never been a fat guy.

Compare that, to say, #66 who is next to him in this picture

The same thing goes for Alex Boone. Compare him here to his team mate Anthony Davis who does have a belly.

With more time you cna see that a number of offensive linemn actually have perportionate body sizes and they don't have a belly that wouls stick out under their pads.

Now, I have a digital video capture card and will have to collect madden images for you, but my point is that Madden still has that general philosophy: If they are a lineman, then they must be fat. Some of these guys should be built with the Tight End body frame like Gronk.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Compare those to how Anthony Davis looks in the game

Now, I am obviously a 49ers fan, but To further illustrate my point, here is Sebastian Vollmer RT of the NE Patriots

Old 04-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Madden has struggled with body-types for a while, especially the long, athletic 4-3 defensive end types. For some reason, once the weight gets up past 250 the bodies become bulky and the mid-section on the player models starts to distend.

Michael Johnson - Bengals:

Michael Johnson - Madden 25:

And they really need to take a look at all the quarterbacks. I love that they added flak jackets, but not every quarterback should have the pronounced, Peyton Manning, bulky look. Just take a look at Michael Vick and Colin Kaepernick.

Michael Vick - Eagles:

Michael Vick - Madden 25:
Old 04-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

First players that come to mind are guys like MJD and Aldon Smith. And not limited to those two, just pretty much all players with their body type. Smaller, compact backs with huge legs and tall, long guys with long arms. I would say all QB's look off but not really because of body type, just because of how huge and bulky the shoulder pads are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quentin Coples' player model is terrible. It's the same issue as the JJ sWatt one. I think the problem is thT weight is tied to body types
Old 04-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #7
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Remember the good ole days on PS2 where you could actually fix all that???

Good times, good times...

Seriously, I wish they would pull the models and running animations from PS2 and start from there to fix these issues (in addition to giving us back the dang edit options we used to have).

Say what you will about PS2 issues, and there were plenty, but the running animations were smooth players weren't hunched over, the different body parts moved in conjunction with acceleration, contact anticipation, and so forth - and the player models had much greater variety.

Yes I realize they would need tweaks and such, but ever since 360 cam out players have not been animated very well...
Old 04-17-2014, 05:26 AM   #8
Rookie

saybur's Arena

OVR: 0

This one probably isn't as egregious, but it's been bugging me lately. Giovani Bernard in the game looks as if he doesn't have an ounce of muscle on him, seems very scrawny to me. In reality he's got quite a bit of bulk to him for his height.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »