Home

Wearing Dark Alternate Jerseys on the Road: Any Way to Stop This?

This is a discussion on Wearing Dark Alternate Jerseys on the Road: Any Way to Stop This? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Wearing Dark Alternate Jerseys on the Road: Any Way to Stop This?

Is there any particular way to prevent a human opponent from wearing a dark alternate jersey when on the road? While a minor concern, it is super lame and extremely un sim for those of us who play in sim leagues.

Name even one single time in NFL history (outside of special games or seasons, like in the 1994 season) where two teams wore dark jerseys simultaneously in the modern era. It NEVER happens (and is expressly against the NFL rules).

Now, for those of you who think this is a silly idea, I appreciate your opinion, but wanted to tell you it is completely irrelevant to answering my question. If you know a way, whether or not you approve, please let me know. In previous Maddens, you could force the other team to wear the CORRECT uniform (a light uniform if the home team is wearing a dark one) by changing your uniform after they committed. Does this still work in Madden 25?

Thanks for the very few people who will actually provide a useful answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Wearing Dark Alternate Jerseys on the Road: Any Way to Stop This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Is there any particular way to prevent a human opponent from wearing a dark alternate jersey when on the road? While a minor concern, it is super lame and extremely un sim for those of us who play in sim leagues.

Name even one single time in NFL history (outside of special games or seasons, like in the 1994 season) where two teams wore dark jerseys simultaneously in the modern era. It NEVER happens (and is expressly against the NFL rules).

Now, for those of you who think this is a silly idea, I appreciate your opinion, but wanted to tell you it is completely irrelevant to answering my question. If you know a way, whether or not you approve, please let me know. In previous Maddens, you could force the other team to wear the CORRECT uniform (a light uniform if the home team is wearing a dark one) by changing your uniform after they committed. Does this still work in Madden 25?

Thanks for the very few people who will actually provide a useful answer.
There is no way to force it. The uniform a user picks has no relevance in Madden 25 on the uniform options available to their opponent.

I'll admit, I got bored the other day while waiting for a guy who picked the Patriots to finishing picking his uniform, so I jokingly started mirroring his color options on my own (Giants) uniform. He picked a red jersey, I'd immediately pick a red jersey. He picked gray pants, I'd immediately pick gray pants. He picked all-black shoes, I'd immediately pick all-black shoes.

He finally left the lobby after realizing what I was doing.

Try it on your opponent and see if he'll agree to wear more standard away attire?
Old 04-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
Pro

Trick13's Arena

I don't know of a way to force this, but in our last league we made a rule that both players had to be in the options menu, then home team had to "show" uniform choice and then vistor had to go opposite...

Although, by the time we got that far I only had one HUM left on my schedule and I do not remember if that actually worked because he and I would always talk on the phone leading up to games and discuss uniforms selections because we one time played both dark unis (Seahawks vs Cowboys) in the rain and you could not tell who was who...
Old 04-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #4
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

If you don't consider Thanksgiving games special games then its happened several times in the past 10 years, but then again almost every time it involved at least one throwback (often 2).

The Patriots had Silver Alternates for a few years and thus had several color vs. color matchups. The Seahawks now have that Grey alternate and all 3 times they have worn it in a game their opponents have worn their home jerseys.

Its not entirely against the rules, they simply stipulate that both teams must agree, and the NFL must then approve the match-up. If it were as simple as the 2 teams agreeing on it then it would happen much more often (this is why for the most part only special match-ups involve color v. color as going into it the game has extra significance even if its simply that more eyes will be watching, and teams coordinate months or weeks in advance).

There is no way to force players to choose a white jersey if the home team chooses white (however both teams can't choose white), that trick you mention may still work but I can't confirm that it does.

The best that you can do is institute a rule for your Online League, if they truly are sim players in a sim league then they are already agreeing to play the game in a specific way, and if they have a problem with not being able to play color v. color then they can find another league.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #5
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Get a mic and tell the other player to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

It would be nice for them to simply put a 'request' button when going through jersey selection so they could ask the opponent if they are cool with it.

I never really care as long as they aren't the same color as my home jersey.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #7
Banned

Plunkett's Arena

OVR: 1

it might be a good idea to sport something new for a change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »