Home

Negative funds during Off Season

This is a discussion on Negative funds during Off Season within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Negative funds during Off Season

Hello there.

I'm in an online franchise, at the re-sign stage.

I put the franchise tag on a player. I had $40M in cap space, but around 0 in funds.
Instead of telling me I don't have the sufficient funds to tag a player, it worked but put my funds balance under 0 (-$4.7M).

Now I can't re-sign any other player because "I don't have the sufficient funds", even if I offer 0 bonus. That sucks.

Anybody has an idea how to get the balance back to 0? Cutting players? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Negative funds during Off Season

Nope, only way to get out of negative funds is to make positive money (current funds available aren't related to your salary cap situation).

The only way to make positive money is basically to play a home game. That means you'll have to wait all the way until preseason to sign any free agents.

Your rookies that you draft will get signed just fine though (and probably put you further into the negative though).

It sucks, I know, but obviously you weren't managing your funds very well to run into that situation.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #3
Rookie

I was positive on the balance when I chose to put the Franchise Tag on a player. Instead of not allowing to put the FT, it worked and put my fund in negative... That's non sense.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
Nope, only way to get out of negative funds is to make positive money (current funds available aren't related to your salary cap situation).

The only way to make positive money is basically to play a home game. That means you'll have to wait all the way until preseason to sign any free agents.

Your rookies that you draft will get signed just fine though (and probably put you further into the negative though).

It sucks, I know, but obviously you weren't managing your funds very well to run into that situation.
Read what he said again.

It's a glitch; more like an overlook by the devs. It should either be coded to where you couldn't use up money you don't have, or where you would have to borrow money.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Unless you have your whole roster already under contract you weren't going to be able to make any moves with that little money anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
Read what he said again.

It's a glitch; more like an overlook by the devs. It should either be coded to where you couldn't use up money you don't have, or where you would have to borrow money.
If you franchise tag a player for $8 million, it costs $4 million (half) in current funds. I'm pretty sure the game actually tells you that when you attempt to place the franchise tag on a player. It's a dummy-proof "OK" popup to make sure you're well aware of that fact.

So all you have to do is go, "Do I have $4 million in current funds?". If yes, keep going. If no, don't continue with the process of franchise tagging that player because simple math says that doing so will put you in the negative.

I realize he was surprised that he couldn't sign any more players after going negative, but I mean...you've gotta imagine there's some kind of penalty to not having any more money.

Otherwise, what's the point of having a salary cap and guaranteed bonus money if you can essentially just pay all your players with Monopoly money that doesn't exist?
Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Nowhere in the game it's written that franchise tag is half salary half bonus. You had to know it, and I didn't. There's a box asking to confirm the tag, but it only says 9M, not half 4.5 and half 4.5. Thanks for trying to help anyway.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicker
Nowhere in the game it's written that franchise tag is half salary half bonus. You had to know it, and I didn't. There's a box asking to confirm the tag, but it only says 9M, not half 4.5 and half 4.5. Thanks for trying to help anyway.
No, the popup message when you try to franchise tag a player specifically states something along the lines of:

"Franchise tagging this player will cost $9 million and half of that in your current funds. Are you sure you want to do this?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »