Home

More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #209
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Here we go again - over sell and under deliver. The trademark of the Madden series.

I don't give a rat's backside about graphics. I don't care one single tiny little bit about player faces being accurate, tattoos, scars, individual blades of grass, and the stupid pictures on the "player card"!

So, see the transformation can take a friggan hike...

Adaptive AI,
tiered defensive play calls,
press coverage on the TEs,
double teams,
route recognition/reading within zone defense
delayed blitzes
simplified def hot route controls (eliminating the excessive button presses)
save defensive pre-play adjustments
Dline stunts
game- plan settings like NCAA "aggressive, balanced, conservative"
Defensive "situational AWR" no covering zones out the back of endzone
pass rush moves on the buttons (at least in addition to the sticks)
all time every pass route based passing - no more route changing throws
press coverage (including the bump) in zone defense
force fumble while dragging player down ability
true consecutive hits, CPU players "piling on" rather than watching
return of multiple blocking ratings making OL harder to develop
route disruption/ chucks within the 5 yard area
Show blitz separated from bring safety into the box
more player movement on defense - pre-snap
recalibration of movement controls so you can creep, walk, jog, run, etc
ball tracking that requires player to see before he can catch
no more interceptions of passes the defender didn't visually acquire

And that is just a short list of what might get me to warm up to the new Madden - the hype train is a crappy ride that always ends at a terrible and disappointing destination...
So basically you want the art team to handle game play mechanics.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:42 AM   #210
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
As much as I believe EA doesn't put their best foot forward every year. I believe it was confirmed with multiple sources that EA did not have anything to do with lack of tattoos and it was the NFLs request not to have them
Except according to this, it wasn't. Ever. Which means that 100% of those "confirmed sources" were guesses and hearsay.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5782...lin-kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link regarding information from Madden's Seann Graddy
Prior to that, some individuals had generic tattoos, but because tattoos have been missing from the franchise for so long, Madden fans assumed the cause for their disappearance was a mandate from the NFL in its licensing contract with EA.

Not so, according to Graddy, who said that no such provision exists.
And there you have it. Why do people just believe stuff without legitimate evidence? On this particular topic, the "evidence" consisted of various video game reporters and news organizations not understanding why tattoos were done away with, and making an educated guess, and then quoting each other. (*you'll note that tattoos were still in PS2's version of Madden after the exclusive license...)

EA was never forced by the NFL to not do tattoos, at least according to the above link. They state here that the reason is fear of lawsuits by tattoo artists. The problem is that they had generic tattoos at the time, which makes it less believable. My guess is that at the time it was really a combination of both an unwillingness to deal with tattoo artists and and unwillingness to allocate resources to tattoos, particularly if they were going to be fake anyway. Why? Generic tattoos look fine on PS2, when the resolution is much lower and the graphics are far less realistic. But on 360 and PS3, generic fake tattoos would look pretty crappy. And real ones would require taking the effort to track down tattoo artists to gain their consent.

The funny thing with this topic is that so many people say things like "confirmed by multiple sources," but no one could ever actually produce one that has any evidence of the claim when pressed. They just at best would post a source that made the same claim, without the original primary source as evidence. Bottom line is it just "made sense" as an explanation, and everyone just assumed that the person they heard it from got it from somewhere that got it from somewhere that was legitimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Whoa! I guess that puts the player model speculation to rest, and it seems the NFL has let up on its stance on tattoos in game.
No, what it puts to rest is the PURELY UNSUBSTANTIATED SPECULATION that the NFL ever even had a stance. See above.

The explanation was made up out of thin air, and then repeated until it caught on and became "truth" in the minds of most of the collective Madden consciousness.

And here's why it caught on so well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
I will take your word for it, but I doubt the NFL had nothing to do with EA removing mouthpieces from the game. The ones that half of the NFL wear and that they had in the game 10 years ago.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-07-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:54 AM   #211
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation.

For pre-game, wonder if this means they will show highlights from the last game in Quick Play and Franchise mode. That would be pretty cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #212
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Hope all this goes well in Franchise Mode along with keeping track of award history like never before and real time injuries...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »