Home

More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2014, 12:40 AM   #41
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I do not have a link. I was reading a bunch on this, and watching 2k Fan videos, about the time EA announced their continued license where they made no mention of exclusivity. I have to admit that I was getting a little hyped about the potential of a NFL2k15. Unfortunately, I discovered somewhere in the hundreds of pages I visited - a seemingly credible source mentioning EA's NFL deal was not entirely exclusive, but retained their "exclusive status" in console gaming. I wish I had bookmarked it, but I didn't.

I don't know that the info is factual, but I remember thinking the source was fairly reliable, and a bit disappointed by the news.
I don't know a whole lot about PC gaming--but isn't it considered to be better than console gaming as far as power? I wonder if NFL 2K could now come back as a PC game, where I would imagine they would have very little competition (Madden doesn't make PC games anymore, right)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 12:41 AM   #42
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So you don't know for sure as your post eluded to....

I have a hard time believing if it were still exclusive they wouldn't have bragged about it by now.

No, I do not know for sure, and I hope that that info was wrong. I hope exclusivity in this case is dead, but if it were not - I think any company arriving at a licensing deal with he NFL would have bragged about that already.

EA gets tons of bad press for the exclusive deal - so I am not entirely certain they would want to bring attention to something that many people (even Madden fans) see as a bad thing...

I mean non-gamer sites have ripped the NFL and EA for the exclusive deal, so...
Old 04-29-2014, 12:45 AM   #43

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
No, I do not know for sure, and I hope that that info was wrong. I hope exclusivity in this case is dead, but if it were not - I think any company arriving at a licensing deal with he NFL would have bragged about that already.

EA gets tons of bad press for the exclusive deal - so I am not entirely certain they would want to bring attention to something that many people (even Madden fans) see as a bad thing...

I mean non-gamer sites have ripped the NFL and EA for the exclusive deal, so...
I hate it as well but stating this as fact when it isn't is in pretty poor taste and is actually against the TOS here:

Quote:
Madden is still exclusive - in so far as the consoles.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:28 AM   #44
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I hate it as well but stating this as fact when it isn't is in pretty poor taste and is actually against the TOS here:

I did not "make it up" if that's what is being implied. I did not realize that sharing info, that I believe to be credible, without a link was going to start a firestorm.

Like I said previously, I thought the source was credible - did not realize that this was not confirmed and common knowledge...
Old 04-29-2014, 02:16 AM   #45
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Still guilty until proven innocent to me. Arms crossed until I actually see the game in action. Automatic no buy until proven worthy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 03:12 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pretty excited about defensive player lock camera (if it's like NCAA/Backbreaker) as it's something that I've wanted in Madden for a while now. In my opinion, that camera feels much more natural and should be default for online play (obviously not for local). I'm also excited on the emphasis on defense as a whole in Madden. Offense has always had a distinct advantage in the game.

That said, I will remain cautiously optimistic. I didn't buy the last two iterations, but I think EA has the right personnel to turn the franchise in the right direction. I know some don't want to hear this, but we have come a long what in a short time. With fan pressure, we've seen an improvement in presentation (NFL films cams, fly-overs, etc.), the introduction of real-time physics, and connected careers. I think as things begin to be more fine tuned, we'll get closer and closer to the experience we've all demanded to years now.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:11 AM   #47
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

only thing that stands out is the player lock
Old 04-29-2014, 06:41 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 30
Was hoping to hear about a vastly improved animation system but oh well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »