Home

Grab / Push-off Mechanic

This is a discussion on Grab / Push-off Mechanic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Grab / Push-off Mechanic

EA has said that they will be focusing on the defensive side of the ball in Madden 15 (lets hope they don't overdue it and every game ends 7-0). Anyways, one thing I would like to see added is a grab / push off mechanism, similar to what Fifa has. How it would work is, when the ball is in the air the user can switch to the DB/WR and push circle and his player would, if he is a DB try and grab and slow up the WR if he is beaten on a play, and if it's a WR he will try and push off to create separation.

This would be balanced out with a risk of a pass interference, both offensive or defensive. The likelihood it gets called would be based on how that player is rated. Or possibly add a long overdue 'player discipline' rating, or 'veteran savvy' trait. Also his positioning would also be taken into account.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Godgers12; 04-29-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Grab / Push-off Mechanic

Been asking for this for a while now. They have to get penalties working first though.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
Rookie

I like this idea. Honestly, the truer to the game it gets, the more I love it. I've had thoughts of a composure trait that actually matters. Say, for instance, you're playing with the Lions, and you're getting beat, Suh is getting contained and having a bad game. We've all seen how he handles situations when he gets upset and this trait would reflect that. I thought of having it shown visibly on the field, inside the player marker (the circle under the player you are using, could start getting yellow and red the worse the composure became. Subbing the player out for a few plays or a drive would assist in calming the player down. Same could go for QBs. Someone like Peyton or Brady would take a lot to get rattled, whereas a younger player like RG3, Geno, etc would take less. Multiple sacks in one drive, receivers dropping catchable balls etc. Each position would have a different effect, though.

Anyway, back to your idea with the push off mechanic, doing it in front of the refs would almost always result in a flag if not within the 5 yards, but if it's within a cluster of players the trait you described have it dictate the effectiveness and not getting caught. Is that about what you were thinking?
Old 04-29-2014, 10:51 PM   #4
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Anyone can push and grab, but the good ones know how to get away with it. So to answer your question, the rating or trait would determine the likelihood it gets called not it's effectiveness. All though certain other variables would come into play, such as, if it is done right in front of the ref, how much traffic there is, and perceived desperation, like if the WR is 2 yards in front of the DB and he just grabs him and pulls him back, that would be just like an early hit stick, it would always be called. The discipline rating/trait would be for all penalties.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:27 AM   #5
Rookie

That's essentially what I meant by effectiveness, someone that has a higher rating would be better at it and less likely to get caught. Regardless of how it's done, as long as it's done properly, it would be a very welcomed addition in my book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

That would serve to separate out a speedy but raw rookie from a slower but savvy vet. I like it. Anything that makes players feel different on the field is a good thing to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »