Home

CFM Coaching Tree for Madden

This is a discussion on CFM Coaching Tree for Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #9
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: CFM Coaching Tree for Madden

and you could create or edit as many of these coaches as you wanted too, then share it in your roster file with friends so we can have an accurate comprehensive coaching tree.

no more random fake guys becoming HC and a HC off a superbowl becoming the HC of the team with the 1st overall pick…

Contracts will be incredibly important, renewals, extensions and all that stuff should really be involved in the carousel.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
1 point at a time for 50+ players is tedious as heck.
This is the biggest failing of the current system IMO. I hate this part of the design. Hate it.

Madden's UI and UX in Connected Franchise mode - and really, across the entire game - is simply not very good.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #11
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This is the biggest failing of the current system IMO. I hate this part of the design. Hate it.

Madden's UI and UX in Connected Franchise mode - and really, across the entire game - is simply not very good.
It is really awful. I never really noticed just how bad it was until I started a 32 team franchise and realized how long it takes just to switch between every team and check injuries and depth charts. Idk if it's the same on next-gen but I'm sure it's similar and I hate it as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
The idea that some players have a ceiling is noble but it’s flawed when it comes to video games. If I play with Tebow and Throw 30 TDs and 6 INTs then he’s not a bust. We control the players, so if someone is USERing AJ Hawk and balls out for 13 seasons then he’s a hall of famer. If he averages 3 tackles a game over that 13 seasons then the game will put him where he needs to be…mediocre at best.

The problem is that it's stats driving development, which is backwards, imo.

Players do have ceilings. Everyone isn't good at everything "if they work hard enough" or "play well enough". Some of these are physical, even if related to body type or training due to position they play or role/techinque within that position), some are mental or "just there" for lack of a better way to put it. Why doesn't every player run like a 99 SPD, 99 AGI? Why doesn't every player have 99 STR or run routes like Jerry Rice?

We don't know where the ceiling is, and that's one flaw of the potential system - no uncertainty and no response to things like scheme changes, coaching changes, personnel changes, injuries, etc, all of which can alter a player's projected growth/decline and, thus, production. Another flaw is that it's "global" to the player. He might be A potential in STR and POW, but D potential in AGI and MCV, and C in TAK, etc.

The thing with the XP system is that it's unrelated to what a player does. How does making tackles make a DB more of a ball hawk? How does a pass rushing OLB become a run stopper with getting sacks? He is what he is - and being good at what he is doesn't make him better at what he is not.

Neither potential as presented in most games nor this XP thing really capture how players grasp new concepts or improve their weaknesses. I like the concept of the coaches having some sort of system for improving their players' development (after all, that's one of their roles, especially for positional coaches), while also having a performance sort of system to represent how some guys fit some schemes/coach's strategy better (kinda what M12 did but more robust and NOT impacting the base player skill).

I also think players need new ratings, even if they are "hidden" (as much as I HATE hidden ratings because no team is ever totally blind on an aspect of a player - there's just outright guesses and guesses with more evidence to support them). After all, not all players learn/adapt at the same rate, be it lack of work ethic, stubborness, or just can't get the hang of it.

Last edited by KBLover; 05-10-2014 at 07:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »