Home

Clowney a 90 Speed for Madden

This is a discussion on Clowney a 90 Speed for Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Clowney a 90 Speed for Madden

I seriously just lost most of my hope for Madden 15. How are they serious with that crap? I love Clowney right now, but Jesus Christ!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Clowney a 90 Speed for Madden

Pretty sure he's only gonna be a 87 speed and 83 strength. Maybe have him at an 84 overall and you have a balanced rookie. After all, MUT makes every rookie look too good for their own kind. :P
Old 05-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Not like Clowney would be the FIRST defensive lineman in Madden's history to have 90 speed. Every year Madden has one or two. And the NCAA series always had around a dozen. It is just the way EA always done things. If a player is quick, they give them 90 or above speed, regardless of position. I'm surprised they didn't give him 90 Block Shed rating.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The ratings for the Ultimate Team ratings players are all juiced. Blake Bortles had something like 95 THA, that's not going to be the case in the retail version of Madden NFL 15.

Clowney ran a 4.5ish so I anticipate he'll have reasonable SPD, in the 80s I'd guess, but the design of these rookie cards is to get the people who play Madden Ultimate Team excited to find them in packs, and ergo spend money.

tl;dr - IMO this isn't a reasonable indication of anything about Madden NFL 15 whatsoever.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Clowney will have ratings of the following in the FBG system:

STR: 80
AGI: 71
SPD: 85
ACC: 78
JMP: 86
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The ratings for the Ultimate Team ratings players are all juiced. Blake Bortles had something like 95 THA, that's not going to be the case in the retail version of Madden NFL 15.

Clowney ran a 4.5ish so I anticipate he'll have reasonable SPD, in the 80s I'd guess, but the design of these rookie cards is to get the people who play Madden Ultimate Team excited to find them in packs, and ergo spend money.

tl;dr - IMO this isn't a reasonable indication of anything about Madden NFL 15 whatsoever.

i agree with this plus they said every rookies gonna be a 90+ overall so if they was to give every rookie a 90 overall that would mean this draft class is better then most players in madden now.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll throw in my hat and say the ratings will be absolutely no different at all in any way.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf

I seriously just lost most of my hope for Madden 15. How are they serious with that crap? I love Clowney right now, but Jesus Christ!

What is the SPD : 40-time conversion in the game?

90 is probably too high, but anything below 80 would be bad, imo, unless speed scales like that overall (i.e. the M10 type ratings scale).

Also, if SPD is still the biggest way players get around the field, I'd rather him be a touch too high than too low so he can produce as a pass rusher and express his good pursuit.

Also with DPP/traits - if he doesn't start with High Motor and has lowish consistency to start, then that should express the few knocks on him. I think his BSH might be too high as well (assuming BSH is for run shedding while PMV/FMV is for pass rushing).

Otherwise, that's not too terribly out of whack for an overall talent profile on Clowney. Lower SPD maybe 4-5 points and BSH about the same and I think it's pretty close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »