Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 15)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 15) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #105
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie59
I'm 54 years old and don't want to be bothered with controlling the gameplay. Madden 12 had the CPU vs CPU mode, in offline franchise. I controlled all 32 teams, and watched every game. I changed sliders and did management items like depth charts, trades and free agency. Not everyone likes to "play" the game, and I'm finding that there are many folks who utilize this game the same way that I do. Who wants to just play their team and let the computer just sim the other games? And what about the post season? They took it out after Madden 12, and it makes absolutely no sense because you could watch a pre-season, offline franchise mode game, in broadcast view, CPU vs CPU, in Madden 13, so obviously it is doable! I read that Madden 25 didn't have offine CPU vs CPU either, so I am hoping that they put it back in on Madden 15. They can obviously do this, as they had it in preseason games, so there is no excuse for them not to incorporate it in the upcoming version. But......if they don't, I'll stick with Madden 12. If there was COMPETITION, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, but that is an entire different subject which, I'm sure, has alot of NFL fans pissed off. No competition means no reason to improve!! So to EA Sports, if you want to maximize your profits, put this mode back in place. Without it, this man ain't shelling out $60! I'd like the latest and greatest rosters, but I can live with Madden 12. You need to satisfy ALL of your customers, not try to steer us towards online play. It's just a good business move and you would be foolish to not incorporate something that is already in the code, but not being activated beyond preseason!!
Man I feel this post so much, any football gamer over 25 yo probably feels old and in the way, with regard to what EA is doing with the only NFL football video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #106
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

You know what drives me crazy about this whole thing of not having cpu vs cpu anymore? In Madden 25 they put owner mode back in. How can it be a true owner mode if you can't just sit back and watch how good a team you have? The things they do just make no sense to me anymore.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 PM   #107
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

It makes me happy to see so many people speak out about this. I hope we will be heard.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #108
Banned

Bolieve's Arena

Still no news? The game is coming out in less than 2 months. We always had the info by now. This is very odd.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #109
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolieve
Still no news? The game is coming out in less than 2 months. We always had the info by now. This is very odd.

Their not saying because they don't want people to know that not much has changed from last year. At least that's what I think.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #110
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Their not saying because they don't want people to know that not much has changed from last year. At least that's what I think.
Unfortunately I agree with you. My guess is they will include only a new practice mode(probably just the new training they put in). EA will say they didn't have time to get anything else new into CFM but they tweaked some of the CPU logic and stat simulation
Old 07-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #111
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Unfortunately I agree with you. My guess is they will include only a new practice mode(probably just the new training they put in). EA will say they didn't have time to get anything else new into CFM but they tweaked some of the CPU logic and stat simulation
This my line of thinking as well and I hope I'm wrong. Waiting for the other shoe to drop, in the form of CFM news hyping the new practices changes, while other player management issues and things are not addressed another year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #112
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Honestly, I wouldn't go nuts if not much as changed. Just put in the CPU vs. CPU in Owners and/or Coach mode and I'm good. I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want the ability to fix the depth chart, add, trade, and release the players and watch the dang games with 32 team control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »