Home

Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

This is a discussion on Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

That's the FIRST thing I thought when I saw that pic this morning, I wonder how many players will have them. Honestly, I expected more than one...

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 06-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's not EA, it's the NFLPA that mandated the waiver collection from the tattoo artist.

An artist sued Ricky Williams and the NFL based on the NFL Street game with Ricky on the cover and sued because the artist tattoo was on the front cover.

NFLPA came down after this and said to the players, you need a waiver form from now on to reproduce your tattoos.

Cap went out and got the waiver signed by both of his tattoo artist.

Yeah but if that's the case, why even bother putting tatts in the game at all if you're EA? If you're not going to be able to get all or at least 75% of the players to have tatts then why only have them for a few players? It'll look extremely awkward if Kap is the only player in the game with tatts.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Yeah but if that's the case, why even bother putting tatts in the game at all if you're EA? If you're not going to be able to get all or at least 75% of the players to have tatts then why only have them for a few players? It'll look extremely awkward if Kap is the only player in the game with tatts.
Easy answer, marketing, it's caused a ton of discussion, not only here, but all across social media.

The timing was impeccable with Kaps signing yesterday. They took advantage of the signing, the player model and the tatts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
It's not EA, it's the NFLPA that mandated the waiver collection from the tattoo artist.

An artist sued Ricky Williams and the NFL based on the NFL Street game with Ricky on the cover and sued because the artist tattoo was on the front cover.

NFLPA came down after this and said to the players, you need a waiver form from now on to reproduce your tattoos.

Cap went out and got the waiver signed by both of his tattoo artist.
Who's developing the game? EA, correct?

They should say "If we can't have all players in the game with tattoos, let's not do it at all".

This screams TACKY. Knowing EA, they'll put Kapernick's picture on the back of the game and people who buy the game will automatically assume they're favorite player(Desean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, etc...) will have tattoos....Only to find out 1 damn player has a tattoo...

Question, How does the news get to the players that they'll need to contact the person who tattooed them in order for their tat to be in the game? I highly doubt players would go against this.

Makes no sense..
Old 06-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Easy answer, marketing, it's caused a ton of discussion, not only here, but all across social media.

The timing was impeccable with Kaps signing yesterday. They took advantage of the signing, the player model and the tatts.

Yeah I get the marketing aspect but that still doesn't negate the fact that it's going to look extremely awkward when playing the game & Kap is the only player in the game with tatts. They should just wait til Madden 16 to add them. By then they can at least get a lot more players added. I say they need to get at least 75% of the league done or don't add them at all.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #14
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15
2k does it every year with nba...get a clue EA
Old 06-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I wonder if this is a similar situation to Brett Lawrie's arm sleeve being splashed prominently across an MLB The Show loading screen, yet his arm is bare in the actual game. Maybe the MLBPA has similar rules in place about needing the artist's permission.

Either way, at least both games seem to be raising awareness of it being something they want to do, but can't (without fear of being sued).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 03:57 PM   #16
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I highly doubt players would go against this.
The players, perhaps not, but given the state of tattoo copyright law at the moment if I were a tattoo artist I would most likely want compensation for my original work appearing in some other format. Getting the required waiver may not be particularly easy, given that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »