Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #793
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

I agree this game is not showing the final Halftime Show presentation, but I honestly don't see there being a huge change by release.

Trust me I hope there is and the dead air time while showing the stats are fixed and the camera angle is changed to broadcast for the highlights. But I can't imagine a huge change from what we are seeing

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #794
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

Why couldn't they just use the NCAA 14 halftime as a template? I actually sit and listen to the banter by their halftime guys when I play. It was an actual conversation that flowed and nothing felt forced.

In my opinion, NCAA 14 had the best presentation I've seen in a game outside of the ESPN integration that made 2K5 famous. They cut to other games for stats and updates when there was down time in your game and it was pretty seamless. Why didn't Madden try to do this?
Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 AM   #795
Pro

OVR: 4

Oh how I look forward to Madden18 when they unveil the new technology that will allow them to showcase the 400+ pre-game coaching animations/scenes that they'll claim have been in the game for years, but just with this new coach-tech will they be able to trigger. :P

Some things will never change :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #796
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
They shouldn't have included it in the game if it isn't the best they can do
And then Tiburon gets berated for holding stuff back. With respect to this forum and scoping issues the studio is in a no-win position.

Sports games are iterative creatures. Frankly, Tiburon has done a _ton_ with the presentation across the board this year; if the halftime show couldn't be fully fleshed out on account of presentation changes made elsewhere, I think they made the right decision as to where to spend resources.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #797
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And then Tiburon gets berated for holding stuff back. With respect to this forum and scoping issues the studio is in a no-win position.
This is a little true with most video games. Even NBA2K and The Show have some of this. But I would have to say that EA/Tib has brought a lot of this on themselves. And if the current Dev team has the desire to change this with some of us, they have the opportunity to deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Sports games are iterative creatures. Frankly, Tiburon has done a _ton_ with the presentation across the board this year; if the halftime show couldn't be fully fleshed out on account of presentation changes made elsewhere, I think they made the right decision as to where to spend resources.
I look at this as they haven't allocated enough resources. But that really all depends on what view your looking at this from. From the "we have the exclusive and it's going to sell" view, the resources are about right. From the "why is this game not on par with other major sports titles" view, not nearly enough resources allocated. I just don't consider the exclusive license a developmental resource, even though it probably cuts into the development budget.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #798
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I look at this as they haven't allocated enough resources.
To speak in a metaphor - nine separate women can't make a baby in a month. What makes you think ten can?

Straight-up adding people to a video game project doesn't always equal more getting done, particularly with a code-base as huge as Madden's most likely is. The credits scroll is already hundreds of people long and development of the game spans two teams, one in Florida and one in Texas.

There are plenty of resources on the game.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #799
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I agree this game is not showing the final Halftime Show presentation, but I honestly don't see there being a huge change by release.

Trust me I hope there is and the dead air time while showing the stats are fixed and the camera angle is changed to broadcast for the highlights. But I can't imagine a huge change from what we are seeing
Agreed. I expected it to be a slightly better version of the Extra Point. What I see is a verrrry slightly better version of the Extra Point, carrying most of the same issues as the Extra Point had; the most glaring being the dead air.

I don't expect this to be different upon release, based on past performance.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #800
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
And that's where EA gets in trouble. Creating an EA version of what they believe looks good instead of copying real nfl stuff.
Yep, and at this point you have to conclude that it's deliberate. They think it's good, we tell them it's not, they keep doing it anyway. Even the angle choices for the halftime highlights are way off. I try to keep in mind though, with a staff that large, a lot of things they do are likely a matter of job-justification.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »