Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #801
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,869
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And then Tiburon gets berated for holding stuff back. With respect to this forum and scoping issues the studio is in a no-win position.

Sports games are iterative creatures. Frankly, Tiburon has done a _ton_ with the presentation across the board this year; if the halftime show couldn't be fully fleshed out on account of presentation changes made elsewhere, I think they made the right decision as to where to spend resources.
Problem is the game is so ****ed up no matter what they do at this point it's never enough.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #802
Tiger Paw
 
tyberious4now's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 684
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

I just think it's real hard to simulate a real nfl game into a video game. Madden for me has not been perfect no game is in my opinion but I'm having a blast with Madden 25 with the right sliders....2k football had its faults also but I'm not comparing I'm just saying....

I think this is the best the devs can do and either you enjoy or don't buy it it's just that simple.....
tyberious4now is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #803
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Problem is the game is so ****ed up no matter what they do at this point it's never enough.
Which is why Rex calls the task at hand with Madden like "turning around an aircraft carrier." Rex and Cam know how messed up the game has been, we just have to see if they can actually pull this off.

Rich Grisham asked Rex what part of M25 he thought they nailed and Rex said I don't think we've nailed anything yet, but eventually we want to nail on core gameplay and making a simulation football game based on real football that looks like what people see on Sundays.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #804
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,869
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Which is why Rex calls the task at hand with Madden like "turning around an aircraft carrier." Rex and Cam know how messed up the game has been, we just have to see if they can actually pull this off.

Rich Grisham asked Rex what part of M25 he thought they nailed and Rex said I don't think we've nailed anything yet, but eventually we want to nail on core gameplay and making a simulation football game based on real football that looks like what people see on Sundays.
I know they have a long road ahead of them, for me it just still isn't good enough. Until they adjust the movement, interactions and animations, the game is still not enough. Now with Rex's rant, no way I can support this game unless it's so incredible I can't deny it.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 06-13-2014 at 12:27 PM.
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #805
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,301
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And then Tiburon gets berated for holding stuff back. With respect to this forum and scoping issues the studio is in a no-win position.

Sports games are iterative creatures. Frankly, Tiburon has done a _ton_ with the presentation across the board this year; if the halftime show couldn't be fully fleshed out on account of presentation changes made elsewhere, I think they made the right decision as to where to spend resources.
The problem with this view point is that it is from the "I'm a developer" POV. Anyone who actually does software development (and in your case, games) is going to empathize with this situation. However, you can't expect consumers to give a rat's *** about that. The average consumer should not be concerned about past mistakes, dev team leadership changes, developer screw ups and other nonsense that equates to a sub par product. From a consumer's point of view, they see the final product and they scratch their head and they are not wrong to do so. The reason why Tiburon feels they are in a no-win situation is their own doing, not because the consumer base is a bunch of cry babies.

The only reason why they can actually pull this off and use those excuses is because there is no other game. If there was, miraculously, that half time show probably would have been 10 times better. When you know that it can "wait until next year" to be fully fleshed out, it changes things dramatically. After all, what is the average consumer to do, go buy the "other" football game?

Many people realize what has happened here, including myself. They basically squandered a decade of football gaming and now we have a massive pile of dung that they need to un-screw. It's difficult to do, takes a long time and no one is going to be happy, but hey, that's their (Tiburon's) own fault. You can't turn to the consumer and tell them that they are "Crying", "whining" or whatever when they've seen what we had 10 years ago and it was better than what we have now.
GiantBlue76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #806
Banned
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
To speak in a metaphor - nine separate women can't make a baby in a month. What makes you think ten can?

Straight-up adding people to a video game project doesn't always equal more getting done, particularly with a code-base as huge as Madden's most likely is. The credits scroll is already hundreds of people long and development of the game spans two teams, one in Florida and one in Texas.

There are plenty of resources on the game.
That's true if they are all working on the same part of the game. A halftime show has absolutely nothing to do with on field presentation, living sidelines, gameplay enhancements, etc. I know about the phenom your talking about. I've been in software development since the early 80's. I don't think your 9 women really apply here.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #807
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The problem with this view point is that it is from the "I'm a developer" POV. Anyone who actually does software development (and in your case, games) is going to empathize with this situation. However, you can't expect consumers to give a rat's *** about that. The average consumer should not be concerned about past mistakes, dev team leadership changes, developer screw ups and other nonsense that equates to a sub par product. From a consumer's point of view, they see the final product and they scratch their head and they are not wrong to do so. The reason why Tiburon feels they are in a no-win situation is their own doing, not because the consumer base is a bunch of cry babies.

The only reason why they can actually pull this off and use those excuses is because there is no other game. If there was, miraculously, that half time show probably would have been 10 times better. When you know that it can "wait until next year" to be fully fleshed out, it changes things dramatically. After all, what is the average consumer to do, go buy the "other" football game?

Many people realize what has happened here, including myself. They basically squandered a decade of football gaming and now we have a massive pile of dung that they need to un-screw. It's difficult to do, takes a long time and no one is going to be happy, but hey, that's their (Tiburon's) own fault. You can't turn to the consumer and tell them that they are "Crying", "whining" or whatever when they've seen what we had 10 years ago and it was better than what we have now.
The consumer may not care but the elite sports games all have one thing in common, years and years of consistent leadership and development. We're comparing apples to oranges unless someone can show me a sports game that became elite in 2 years. You can bring in the best dev team in the world but without consistent direction and leadership you're going to end up nowhere. If Madden continues on this path that its been on for these past two years we should never have to have this conversation again in the future. If not, lets all pack our bags and head to see Roger Goodell with pitchforks outside his office because its the NFL who determines the exclusivity of the license.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #808
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,301
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The consumer may not care but the elite sports games all have one thing in common, years and years of consistent leadership and development. We're comparing apples to oranges unless someone can show me a sports game that became elite in 2 years. You can bring in the best dev team in the world but without consistent direction and leadership you're going to end up nowhere. If Madden continues on this path that its been on for these past two years we should never have to have this conversation again in the future. If not, lets all pack our bags and head to see Roger Goodell with pitchforks outside his office because its the NFL who determines the exclusivity of the license.
This argument holds zero water. Madden is not a 2 year old game. You are basically throwing out the 24 years prior. You are doing that because EA told you to. This is exactly what they want. In a competing market, this would not be the case, I can guarantee you that. Also, there were other football games that did more in much less time. I am not going to bring that any further because this is the madden forum. Also, Cam Weber took over during Madden 12. This is the 3rd game released since M12. Before that, there was a 3 year plan that started in Madden 10. This does not even include all of the advantages at their disposal. They have full access to players, coaches, film, NFL Films, you name it.
GiantBlue76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Top -