Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #809
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

So I haven't kept track of this thread. Are there any new videos or streams coming out soon I may have missed?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #810
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

[quote=GiantBlue76;2046312824]This argument holds zero water. Madden is not a 2 year old game. You are basically throwing out the 24 years prior. You are doing that because EA told you to. This is exactly what they want. In a competing market, this would not be the case, I can guarantee you that. Also, there were other football games that did more in much less time. I am not going to bring that any further because this is the madden forum. Also, Cam Weber took over during Madden 12. This is the 3rd game released since M12. Before that, there was a 3 year plan that started in Madden 10. This does not even include all of the advantages at their disposal. They have full access to players, coaches, film, NFL Films, you name it.

No football game trying to replicate the nfl like we see on Sunday and focus on gameplay is what I meant, as far as making an elite game in 2-3years.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #811
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Smile Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
So I haven't kept track of this thread. Are there any new videos or streams coming out soon I may have missed?
Not yet and there may not be for a while, most games were not recordable at E3 this year, all EA titles weren't and several others as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #812
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

very disappointing that this appears to be all of the e3 coverage. in a world of smart phones with nice cameras we still can't get many videos.

A big thanks to the people that hooked us up with some.

Too bad we can't play NCAA football 15 in a month! Lame.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #813
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Well. Honestly.

From what I have seen, I can't help but be somewhat interested in the title. The graphics look really nice. I am a self-admitted graphics junkie so I tend to put too much stock in that kind of stuff, and I admit it.

If the game just plays a little bit better than M25, and if they make the sliders actually work, I will get my moneys (am I spelling that right? monies?) worth out of it.

For now, I just have to wait and see and look forward to some hands on impressions popping up from people who can give it straight

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:18 PM   #814
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

JPD, you are very empithetic. But they are simply not delivering.

The road is long. We get it. But the stuff they're working on is not shining, with 2 non-gameplay exceptions. Presentation & graphics. And when you consider it took them a 2nd year to deliver current gen graphics, you have to recognize how slow they're moving. Basketball & baseball delivered year one in that area.

They state they worked on coverage this year. Why are we not seeing the improvements? Why are these improvements not jumping through the screen? How many cycles of focus will it take to get these emphasized areas to look like what we see on Sunday? At the rate of the last 2-3 years, it's looking like never.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #815
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The problem with this view point is that it is from the "I'm a developer" POV. Anyone who actually does software development (and in your case, games) is going to empathize with this situation. However, you can't expect consumers to give a rat's *** about that.
Completely valid.

Quote:
The only reason why they can actually pull this off and use those excuses is because there is no other game. [...] After all, what is the average consumer to do, go buy the "other" football game?
With respect to competition - my stance on this is "the consumer may choose to not buy Madden" as there are plenty of other AAA console video games to try if Madden isn't up to whatever purchasing standards they hold. I highly recommend Bioshock Infinite, for example. Heck, there are other football-themed video games to try on non-console platforms; Football Heroes on mobile, Goal Line Blitz MMO on the web, Professional Football Simulator or any other PC text-sim... and so on.

My stance most likely is not the popular stance, and certainly not popular with respect to the NFL exclusivity arrangement (which I'm not happy with either, for the record), because people here want to play an NFL football video game on a console and aren't satisfied with Madden. However, the lay of the land is as it is, we play the cards we're dealt. There are still consumer options; the specific option all of us would like to have isn't there, but there are options nevertheless.

Quote:
Many people realize what has happened here, including myself. They basically squandered a decade of football gaming and now we have a massive pile of dung that they need to un-screw. It's difficult to do, takes a long time and no one is going to be happy, but hey, that's their (Tiburon's) own fault.
Also agreed that any legacy issues created out of bad design decisions and implementations from past games - in my opinion, Maddens 06 through 08 and possibly 09 - are going to take time to correct. It's my opinion that this correction has been ongoing and quite readily evident since Madden 10 inclusive, and I've been happy with each Madden purchase I've made compared to all other then-available options since that point; reasonable minds will differ here.

I guess ultimately, with respect to the post of mine you quoted about my opinions on Madden's scoping: at this point I just don't see what Madden NFL is and has been doing differently as a series from any other modern year-over-year sports game - or given how that genre appears to works now for the most part, console first-person shooters. The games are developed iteratively and from my vantage point I'm seeing more-or-less the same amount of forward progress from the previous version to the next compared to other year-over-year iterations of other series. Thus, speaking as a consumer and not a developer here as much as I realistically am able, I don't understand how the "not enough" criticism is justified to that end. The only difference I is the relative starting points; again I personally thought the first three Maddens on Gen7 were pretty bad. If that initial gap Madden is still working to close (given that other sports games have been moving forward as Madden played catch-up) is the totality of the difference, then I understand.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-13-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #816
Pro

OVR: 4

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...=1402681656701

LOLOLOLOLOLOL at this EA Q&A...... If you look "cherrypicking your questions" in the urban dictionary, there would be a link to that page.... What a thing, EA is :/

The only bit of real info there might be that progressive lighting is in..... Which is a disaster by itself since that is something that was touted 3 or 4 years ago, it's amazing that we still have to ask for confirmation on whether these things are in the game... Damn shame!

Last edited by msdm27; 06-13-2014 at 01:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »