Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #825
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Admitting what we already knew.
Some game changers were saying otherwise last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #826
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
1:10 in he admits that Madden 25 was a port of current gen.
So no improved AI and increased calculations per second so the CPU players would be much smarter in M25 PS4? That's what they were saying. That's why I got a PS4. I have a hard time believing it was a straight port, but then again, I guess I wouldn't be too surprised.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #827
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I never liked this and don't think it really paints an accurate picture.

Unmarried/Single/Divorced people can choose not to have sex...........but is that really realistic. Your conveniently leaving out the incredible desire to play a current NFL football video game. In that sense, there is no real competition.

The only part of your post I didn't like.
I think you could have used a better analogy lol, to be fair.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #828
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I think you could have used a better analogy lol, to be fair.
I'm sure I could have. But the strong desire for something specific is part of the supply/demand and competition equation. That's all I was trying for, using a little humor. My first one had nuns involved, but decided against it.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #829
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And then Tiburon gets berated for holding stuff back. With respect to this forum and scoping issues the studio is in a no-win position.

Sports games are iterative creatures. Frankly, Tiburon has done a _ton_ with the presentation across the board this year; if the halftime show couldn't be fully fleshed out on account of presentation changes made elsewhere, I think they made the right decision as to where to spend resources.
I get what your saying. My point was that they never had a halftime show, and now they give us a rigged up one, just to have one. If they are proud of it, so be it, it's my problem, my expectations of a halftime show do not align with reality.

I have a hard time though, believing, that they are sitting there saying now that's a good halftime show. Yet I listen to them brag about it. Not having one in 25 years, they could have let it go to next year and release something worthy of bragging g about, instead of mailing it in.

Based on their history, I am assuming this halftime show will be what we get for the next few years. I have no problem being called out next year if they give us something legit, but 25 years of this game, I don't see anything changing with the halftime show next year.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #830
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I never liked this and don't think it really paints an accurate picture.

Unmarried/Single/Divorced people can choose not to have sex...........but is that really realistic. Your conveniently leaving out the incredible desire to play a current NFL football video game. In that sense, there is no real competition.

The only part of your post I didn't like.
Except that there are folks that don't consider Madden and NFL Football game. Yet, they buy it, only to come back here and complain, shelve the game, etc.

I love football. Loooove it. I played organized football for 11 years of my life. Coached another couple. I've been watching football so long that I picked my favorite team base on uniform colors. And I purchased & played every Madden from the very 1st release on the Commodore 64 through 2004 or 2005 on PS2.

I've purchased 1 copy since then (returned it a week later), and received 2 others for attending CDs. I haven't owned a copy in 4-5 years. I haven't played a down of Madden in 2 years.

Doesn't bother me a bit. I want to play a simulation football game, but it doesn't exist. I'm not buying Madden for an NFL fix because it doesn't provide it. After playing other sports video games, Madden wouldn't do anything but disappoint me. No thanks. I have more fun TALKING about it right here, making suggestions, watching vids, etc.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #831
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
In the interview, he admits last year's game was basically a port for next gen....Funny how this was never mentioned before M25 release.

Remember how they were saying M25 for next gen was its own game? Yeah, those are still the same guys in charge.
I thought they said they weren't going to make the same mistake they did last gen, building a game from the ground up.

I chuckle inside every time I write that. I don't know what they consider building from the ground up, but I was hard pressed to notice that last gen.

Any way, they said and implied that they were porting coming into this generation. And that's what worried me... dragging all those legacy issues into this generation. Ehh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #832
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I thought they said they weren't going to make the same mistake they did last gen, building a game from the ground up.

I chuckle inside every time I write that. I don't know what they consider building from the ground up, but I was hard pressed to notice that last gen.

Any way, they said and implied that they were porting coming into this generation. And that's what worried me... dragging all those legacy issues into this generation. Ehh well.
They built the game from the ground up in 06, and that seems to be the major problem. The Maddens on the PS2 were actually enjoyable. They had better running animations. In 2006, they rebuilt the game for next-gen and it was atrocious. Like, literally terrible. Since then, they've been trying to fix that broken game. They are still trying to do it today. The herky jerky animations go back to Madden 06. The running animations on the PS2 were actually somewhat smooth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »