Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #873
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

I wish the players didn't wander around like they develop late-stage Alzheimer's after every play, quarter, and game.... looks ridiculous.

EA just needs to build this game from the bottom up, not the top down (and by bottom I don't mean the blades of grass). Develop animations for every predictable facet of the game; especially those facets that deal with player action, reaction, and interaction. This would give it a much smoother look and sustain some sort of immersion.

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 06-13-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #874
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

I like to think this game will play at least 50% better on "Slow" game speed.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #875
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
The casuals and maybe even the tourney players will complain about it too. If that happens I don't think us here at OS will like the outcome...
I feel the majority of tourney players will embrace it personally. Yeah they use whatever glitches etc.. there are to win..but if the game allows it and it's a competition, then so be it.

I think they want as sim a game as most of us.
Could be wrong but that's just my personal opinion.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-13-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #876
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

-The pre-game presentation was on point. I definitely won't be skipping through Madden's scenes, at first anyway lol.
-CPU didn't bite on his kick return backjuke.
-The new playcalling screen is too big but the new info will change strategy a ton. Finally get to have the info on success of plays.
-Cycling through camera pre-snap. Small but appreciated.
-His first pass was incomplete because he was throwing while backing up! I had to put QBA slider on 3 to get this to happen in Madden25.
-CPU can play run defense on All-Pro. Thank god.
-Matchup stick: HUGE. Great QBs know the matchups every snap.
-2nd pass he made a bad read. Good to see the DE drop into coverage and drop the ball. #13 was wide open underneath on that one.
-Crowd reactions are improved. The "Aw" on the punt touching back at least.
-Playing defense is going to be a lot of fun. Dline use to be boring to me. Always played as a LB/S. Now I will use every position with that defensive cam. Going to love playing as S and CB with that cam.
-Wilson checks the ball down when Shop pressures him on that first play.
-Realistic fumble. Lynch had just caught the pass and turned into Willis breaking laying the wood.
-I wish the replay showed more of the play. From the pressure to the fumble.
-CB breaks up a pass trailing in man coverage! Again this was a struggleeeeeee to get to happen in M25 with sliders. DBs just wouldn't react when trailing unless it was that diving swat animation which was rare.
-Chancellor's coverage on Davis was good but he was open. Good to see that Chancellor is competent back there but theres still windows for good passes.
-Again more run defense by the CPU! Chancellor came in from deep and hit the gap very nicely.
-He misses his throw again because he's dropping back instead of stepping up in to the pocket. LOVE IT. If he were to step into the pocket and make his throws his accuracy would shoot up. At least it did in M25 with QBA on 3.
-Wilson passes on rhythm. Throw isn't perfect and DB breaks it up.
-Seriously, when was the last time you saw this many incompletions/broken up passes on DEFAULT?
-CPU RB takes it up middle. Seems to use his vision.
-Wilson takes off with the ball. Very similar to last year with the CPU always scrambling the same but it was open and he took it. Good to see him have that awareness and use his legs even without that much pressure.
-Loving the run defense. Madden's 25 run game was either a TFL or a run of 3+ yards. I've seen a few 0-3 yard gains on this video which is where runs should be most of the time. M25 had way too many TFL's.
-CPU play calling is keeping it on the ground.
-CPU RB cuts upfield again. Good to see them using middle of field not trying to take everything straight to sideline like they tend to in past.
-Lynch gets 3 or 4 straight carries? Defense starts to wear down and yardage gets bigger.
-Take that back, he gets crushed as Shop calls a blitz. Nice.

I love what I saw. Looking forward to seeing more. Of course there could be better animations and commentary and other things. But as someone who did enjoy M25, at times. This is a great step in the right direction. The things that bothered me a lot in M25 seem to be fixed on default. I really can't complain for now.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:57 PM   #877
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I feel the majority of tourney players will embrace it personally.
I think so too. The true competitors. I think they would always want another "stick skill" to separate the best from the rest.

Personally, I would never go to a Madden tournament because of the way they play at those. Better yet, the way the game would let them play. Especially playing on default all-pro. But from that video I just saw I would LOVE to go. I would laugh hysterically as people can't complete 50% of their passes because they have no idea about pocket presence.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #878
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

That all pro video looks tons better than what we saw so far. missed passes were awesome. Glad i`m seeing Overthrows on All pro default setting!.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #879
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Definitely a big step up from the vids on rookie and pro...this actually shoed ALOT of promise.

One thing that really stood out to me (a good thing) is that on All-Pro difficulty,I couldn't really point to any specific area that needed a slider adjustment.

Now with that being said...the only 2 area's that I feel that will need any slider tweaking (so far) is going to be to the injury's and penalties (didn't see either one).

But as far as everything else goes,it really looked promising...and I'm really hoping that "slideritis" won't be near as bad as past years...providing they have been tuned better

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 06-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #880
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
-The pre-game presentation was on point. I definitely won't be skipping through Madden's scenes, at first anyway lol.
-CPU didn't bite on his kick return backjuke.
-The new playcalling screen is too big but the new info will change strategy a ton. Finally get to have the info on success of plays.
-Cycling through camera pre-snap. Small but appreciated.
-His first pass was incomplete because he was throwing while backing up! I had to put QBA slider on 3 to get this to happen in Madden25.
-CPU can play run defense on All-Pro. Thank god.
-Matchup stick: HUGE. Great QBs know the matchups every snap.
-2nd pass he made a bad read. Good to see the DE drop into coverage and drop the ball. #13 was wide open underneath on that one.
-Crowd reactions are improved. The "Aw" on the punt touching back at least.
-Playing defense is going to be a lot of fun. Dline use to be boring to me. Always played as a LB/S. Now I will use every position with that defensive cam. Going to love playing as S and CB with that cam.
-Wilson checks the ball down when Shop pressures him on that first play.
-Realistic fumble. Lynch had just caught the pass and turned into Willis breaking laying the wood.
-I wish the replay showed more of the play. From the pressure to the fumble.
-CB breaks up a pass trailing in man coverage! Again this was a struggleeeeeee to get to happen in M25 with sliders. DBs just wouldn't react when trailing unless it was that diving swat animation which was rare.
-Chancellor's coverage on Davis was good but he was open. Good to see that Chancellor is competent back there but theres still windows for good passes.
-Again more run defense by the CPU! Chancellor came in from deep and hit the gap very nicely.
-He misses his throw again because he's dropping back instead of stepping up in to the pocket. LOVE IT. If he were to step into the pocket and make his throws his accuracy would shoot up. At least it did in M25 with QBA on 3.
-Wilson passes on rhythm. Throw isn't perfect and DB breaks it up.
-Seriously, when was the last time you saw this many incompletions/broken up passes on DEFAULT?
-CPU RB takes it up middle. Seems to use his vision.
-Wilson takes off with the ball. Very similar to last year with the CPU always scrambling the same but it was open and he took it. Good to see him have that awareness and use his legs even without that much pressure.
-Loving the run defense. Madden's 25 run game was either a TFL or a run of 3+ yards. I've seen a few 0-3 yard gains on this video which is where runs should be most of the time. M25 had way too many TFL's.
-CPU play calling is keeping it on the ground.
-CPU RB cuts upfield again. Good to see them using middle of field not trying to take everything straight to sideline like they tend to in past.
-Lynch gets 3 or 4 straight carries? Defense starts to wear down and yardage gets bigger.
-Take that back, he gets crushed as Shop calls a blitz. Nice.

I love what I saw. Looking forward to seeing more. Of course there could be better animations and commentary and other things. But as someone who did enjoy M25, at times. This is a great step in the right direction. The things that bothered me a lot in M25 seem to be fixed on default. I really can't complain for now.
Great breakdown man, I pretty much am on the same page as you. The things they said would be there are pretty much all there in this video and this is alpha. Smooth out a few things, make replays last longer, fix the awkward silence parts in halftime and we've got a great start for true next gen football. M25 was a port and Rex said that in his interview. This game is the kind of game they're wanting to make and build upon in the future. So far I'm not blown away by M15 but I'm impressed and I was blown away at first with the graphics and presentation overhaul. In the end, I'll judge the final build and how I feel after 30+ hours of gameplay. Things are looking up

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »