Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #889
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yes they use the bad AI etc.. to their advantage to win. I totally agree. However that doesn't mean they don't want sim football IMO.
Again this is in the discussion of tourneys. If I was in a tourney deal I also would use what the game gave me to win. You can't blame them for that.
I also can not stand to watch those types of games.. lol

With QB's missing more they won't hate that but adjust to other things that allow them to win.
Would be cool to here from them though.
You guys need to listen to the podcast with Rex and rich Grisham he talks about this at the beginning of it and how to try to appeal to everyone while keeping the goal of making a simulation game first and foremost. He also discusses the similarities and differences between sim and tourney but how neither wants exploits in the game anymore.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #890
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

That over throw was a beautiful thing to see man. I loved how Vernon Davis still made the attempt even though the ball wasn't catchable. Love that Tiburon added that back. One of the NCAA's had that before.

The thing killing this game is that base locomotion/movement they have in there, If you watch the after Vernon Davis catch attempt, he goes into a beautiful animation of him slowing down, then it transitions back into the ugly stuttering animation before it goes into the next animation of him looking like "what happened?". That's what's killing the look of this game at times. That hunched over ugly crap. You see it on offense and defense. It's that base locomotion under everything.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #891
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I agree. People rag on him but I'm a realistic optimist and I can't deny the improvement my eyes are seeing. I spent a good 50+ hours on Madden 25 doing sliders. I'm all about gameplay. There's a huge difference.

This is the biggest step in the right direction Madden has taken in a long time. People will drop the "this happens every year" but this isn't the case for me. I'm getting an Xbox One for this game if I can play it realistically and be rewarded for it online too. I use to play H2H on Xbox Madden's but on 360 the unrealistic cheese was just out of control. I see that changing in a big way with this game. I see football more than madden in that video. You would think it was on all-madden with sliders if this was 6 months ago.
I'll tell you guys this about the halftime show after I saw it I immediately tweeted Larry Ridley and Brian Murray my thoughts and how it was too stiff and didn't flow well like the rest of m15 presentation and that there was too much awkward silence. Well today Brian Murray favorited a tweet and followed me, so I then told him about my passion for presentation and about Deuce Douglas' work on here, I sent him some of Deuce Douglas' links on here for presentation ideas and for draft presentation specifically. Hopefully that stuff will get taken seriously and DD will maybe get some recognition like I feel he deserves after all these years of his ideas being overlooked. The devs are listening and together with them we can work to make a better game. We have their attention guys we just have to understand that and use it to our advantage. Tell them what you want to see not how little you want them around. That doesn't do any good and they'll stop listening to you if you're doing that. They WANT criticism but it must be done right and respectfully. If the game isn't there yet, don't buy it until you feel like it is.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 11:36 PM   #892
MVP

JKSportsGamer1984's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'll tell you guys this about the halftime show after I saw it I immediately tweeted Larry Ridley and Brian Murray my thoughts and how it was too stiff and didn't flow well like the rest of m15 presentation and that there was too much awkward silence. Well today Brian Murray favorited a tweet and followed me, so I then told him about my passion for presentation and about Deuce Douglas' work on here, I sent him some of Deuce Douglas' links on here for presentation ideas and for draft presentation specifically. Hopefully that stuff will get taken seriously and DD will maybe get some recognition like I feel he deserves after all these years of his ideas being overlooked. The devs are listening and together with them we can work to make a better game. We have their attention guys we just have to understand that and use it to our advantage. Tell them what you want to see not how little you want them around. That doesn't do any good and they'll stop listening to you if you're doing that. They WANT criticism but it must be done right and respectfully. If the game isn't there yet, don't buy it until you feel like it is.
Jp, is there anyway you can ask him why they have yet to put names on the back of sideline players jerseys? I figured it was a technical issue last gen but I was hoping that would change for next gen. It's just something that kills the immersion for me when i see it. It especially stands out during replays. I noticed that they actually have the real players on the sidelines this year but they're still missing their names on jerseys & they're all wearing high socks. Is it something they could possibly fix before release? I know there are obviously more important issues, but again I just think it would really add to the look & immersion of the game. Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:04 AM   #893
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Added hands on impressions by regular dave to OP

Old 06-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #894
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Moderators: I hope the following post is okay. If you feel this is not appropriate, please delete.

If Madden is the only football game in town, we might as well try to make it the best it can be through respectable suggestions. And if the current development team is looking to move towards simulation and emulate what we see on TV, espn, etc., providing visual guides and cues, I figured would be best.

jpdavis82, would you be able to tweet the following three youtube videos to Larry Ridley and Brian Murray, and let them know that this is how we would like to see the halftime show. Hopefully the community here has the same feeling as I do. I would like to see the halftime presentation in broadcast camera view where the gamer can see the play actually develop from beginning to end.

The following video is from an actual live Chris Berman halftime (fastest 3 minutes) show: start @0:27.
Notice the broadcast view to the halftime show. It shows how the plays were developed and the broadcast view gives visual cues and reference to where the play starts and ends.

The following two videos is the halftime show from the "other" game.
Notice the broadcast view to the halftime show. It shows how the plays were developed and the broadcast view gives visual cues and reference to where the play starts and ends.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-14-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:01 AM   #895
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Moderators: I hope the following post is okay. If you feel this is not appropriate, please delete.

If Madden is the only football game in town, we might as well try to make it the best it can be through respectable suggestions. And if the current development team is looking to move towards simulation and emulate what we see on TV, espn, etc., providing visual guides and cues, I figured would be best.

jpdavis82, would you be able to tweet the following three youtube videos to Larry Ridley and Brian Murray, and let them know that this is how we would like to see the halftime show. Hopefully the community here has the same feeling as I do. I would like to see the halftime presentation in broadcast camera view where the gamer can see the play actually develop from beginning to end.

The following video is from an actual live Chris Berman halftime (fastest 3 minutes) show: start @0:27.

The following two videos is the halftime show from the "other" game.

I tweeted them the link to this post. I think something like this is what we are getting at least for now, but in the future I think they want to build and expand it.
http://youtu.be/azSRkknIMLo

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 01:02 AM   #896
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Presentation-wise, how about the replays that focus on the football a bit too much instead of the players? U know? Deep passes, they show the QB throw it, then they zoom in on the ball in flight so that's all u see, then, BAM! There's the catch. But, I didn't see the downfield play or know what was going on because the focus was on the ball. I'd like to see them zoom out some, show the ball in flight, but also show the WR/DB in the frame, then zoom in as the catch/int is made. Ultimately, put the focus on the players, not the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »