Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-15-2014, 03:17 AM   #953
Rookie

Streetfbmv's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

I'm sure it has been stated already or maybe it's just me, but I'm really liking the depth of the field. In Madden 25 the field just felt and looked too short to me. (I play on a zoomed camera setting so it's close to the default in Madden 15) It is probably because of the revamped player models, but it actually looks like a full 100 yards now.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:07 AM   #954
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Love how at the :21 second mark #17 elbows his way into the huddle between Charles and another receiver, and also puts his arm around Charles as the play is called. Don't love how when the huddle breaks at :27 seconds #17 isn't even in the huddle anymore, and Dwayne Bowe magically appears in the spot that had been occupied by the other WR. Same thing happens in huddle on next play. Again, jarring, and kills immersion/sense of cohesion. Hopefully fixed,
citing past history, probably won't be.
I don't see this being 'fixed'. Went from a 3-wide draw to a rush in the jumbo package so 2 WRs turned into TEs (that's where 17 went). As neat as it would be to have to wait for personnel to run from the sidelines in a non-accelerated clock moment (like this one in the 4th quarter) on BOTH sides of the ball, I can't see that being very high on the priority list at the moment.

Would be pretty cool to see this kind of sim-style enforced on the higher difficulty levels for sure.

I'd love to be limited to plays by personnel on the field, and have visual cues indicating personnel will swap if I change the formation/play/etc, maybe even queue up plays to a degree so certain personnel are ready and take less time.

Last edited by mestevo; 06-15-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:50 AM   #955
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I'm very concerned in not seeing as many gang tackles, multiple collisions, and shaken tackles followed by another hit. It almost seems that they've pruned this down to help the defense. I'm seeing way too many one on one tackles. Breaking a tackle then planning for another hit, or breaking a run because defensemen were blocked into each other, etc was awesome. Is anyone else not seeing what I'm not seeing?
This and I bet there are still no goaline stances, which is hard to believe . Also the ignite engine never had multiple collisions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #956
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I don't see this being 'fixed'. Went from a 3-wide draw to a rush in the jumbo package so 2 WRs turned into TEs (that's where 17 went). As neat as it would be to have to wait for personnel to run from the sidelines in a non-accelerated clock moment (like this one in the 4th quarter) on BOTH sides of the ball, I can't see that being very high on the priority list at the moment.

Would be pretty cool to see this kind of sim-style enforced on the higher difficulty levels for sure.

I'd love to be limited to plays by personnel on the field, and have visual cues indicating personnel will swap if I change the formation/play/etc, maybe even queue up plays to a degree so certain personnel are ready and take less time.
I agree here but it actually is an important part of the game. Madden for the Sega genesis actually had this in it.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #957
Banned

OVR: 28

Qjb vid looked good other than the game speed. Saw some nice wrap tackles. Really like some of the blocks I saw. Still hate the defenders who stand flat footed defending grass. Maybe I'm just missing it but I still don't see the accuracy changes or the catching animations.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #958
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Qjb vid looked good other than the game speed. Saw some nice wrap tackles. Really like some of the blocks I saw. Still hate the defenders who stand flat footed defending grass. Maybe I'm just missing it but I still don't see the accuracy changes or the catching animations.

You can see it in Shop's video if you've seen that one, it gives the clearest example. I think it comes into play more on all pro & all madden and all these videos besides his have been on pro. I'm ok with it not showing up as much until the higher difficulties because a lot of these people who will complain about QB accuracy probably play on pro and won't notice it as much. Most casual people will love this game because of the graphics and presentation, they don't notice all the nuances and nitpick it like we will.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #959
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

Definitely agree with this, not having that element still leaves those "time warps" that ruin immersion, like someone else stated. What frustrates me is this continued pursuit of a presentation balance for all type of gamers, when they could seemingly just put in an option for "real time presentation", like The Show does, which would allow those that want everything to play out in real time that choice.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:03 AM   #960
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

I could see them adding the players running off the sideline into and out of the huddle. If they ever flesh out the living worlds like FIFA is doing. With the power of these consoles theres no reason they shouldn't have the each individual player on each roster on the field. They should have injured guys in team street clothes but there cheering on their team. You should have all your bench players keeping the seats warm. If I go to a replay I should be able to find any player on my 53 on the field somewhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »