Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #969
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Man, I am dying for some CFM info and more gameplay.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:17 PM   #970
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm still seeing a lack of AI ability to play proper man & zone coverage. I don't know of one NFL team that still uses landmark drops when playing zone coverage, the majority of the teams pattern-match routes.

Still looks like this game will still have defenders covering grass and not receivers.

Also looks like the same routes will beat man coverage every time I.E. corner routes, slants, etc.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #971
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon5 Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Fair enough, but you are moving the goalposts from the bright red line you drew last year. You also argued long and hard with anyone last year who said 25 was a port.

I don't mind anyone changing their minds with evidence, that's healthy. But it would be a lot more honest of you to admit you're making a change, that you were wrong about 15 being "it," if only out of respect to the people who said last year that 15 may represent progress, but there was too much to clean up for "one more year" to be the rallying cry (again).

I think that's probably still true for next year, which you seem now to be saying is the new bright red line for delivery. You're taking a rhetorical victory lap when you say people are coming around to where you were last year. It's a lot more convenient to cast yourself as the prohetic sage than to admit you were wrong in your vociferous argument that 15 would have to be "the one", or abandon the game.

In the end, I don't care one way or another. It's not about "gotcha" so much as it is about, c'mon man, stop blowing smoke! You're an advocate for the game and the dev team. So what? Own it! This place needs that side of the spectrum.
I just want the best game we can get and I believe this team can produce it. I'm on them on twitter quite a but so it's not always rose colored for me like it may seem to be on here. Like I said before hopefully we never will have to have these conversations about being letdown or that EA is incapable again. This still should be a really good and fun year of gaming for the majority of us. Some people will never be happy as long as EA is on the box but most of us see the improvement and change taking place.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #972
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_87112
I'm still seeing a lack of AI ability to play proper man & zone coverage. I don't know of one NFL team that still uses landmark drops when playing zone coverage, the majority of the teams pattern-match routes.

Still looks like this game will still have defenders covering grass and not receivers.

Also looks like the same routes will beat man coverage every time I.E. corner routes, slants, etc.
Sim's pick 6 video shows good coverage and anticipation. Almost all of these videos have been on pro, the coverage is weaker on that.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Old 06-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #973
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Has there been any mention of working formations subs? Would really like love to see this feature return and work correctly.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #974
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Sim's pick 6 video shows good coverage and anticipation. Almost all of these videos have been on pro, the coverage is weaker on that.
In the QJB video at 1:15 I see Zach Miller run a slant route in front of four 49er defenders (all of whom are covering nobody).
Old 06-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #975
MVP

JKSportsGamer1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Which animations ads this to Tiburon needing to add "signature" catches for certain players and positions to make them standout. I'd like to be able to just throw it up to megatron under the right circumstances and see him make this spectacular catch that only players like him could make. It's not cheese if it happens in real life right? Lol.

I also think EA needs separate catch animations for receivers and defenders. So many times I've seen a defender make an interception and turn up field because it's the same animation they use for receivers.
Exactly! Not only signature catch animations but they also need to add body catches ala Michael Irvin. Not all catches should be clean with hands. I want to see big receivers using their body to fight for position & jump up to catch the ball with their body. Michael Irvin was famous for this along with pushing off. I guess this would also be tied in with DB/WR interactions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 03:14 PM   #976
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_87112
In the QJB video at 1:15 I see Zach Miller run a slant route in front of four 49er defenders (all of whom are covering nobody).
That was on pro difficulty too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »