Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #977
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Added gameplay from Aiirxjones to OP
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #978
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,874
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Exactly! Not only signature catch animations but they also need to add body catches ala Michael Irvin. Not all catches should be clean with hands. I want to see big receivers using their body to fight for position & jump up to catch the ball with their body. Michael Irvin was famous for this along with pushing off. I guess this would also be tied in with DB/WR interactions.
YES. Same exact thing I was thinking yesterday when I was playing 25. There are hardly any body catches. All the trajectories they have are tied to catches with the hands. Players never bring it into the body or use their body to catch, which leads to some awkward looking situations.

Example



I've never seen a player catch a ball like this.

Hopefully with the new inaccuracies they are getting away from strictly tying the trajectories to the hands and speeding up and slowing down animations just to make them fit.

The game is such a mess animation wise. I was looking at a play yesterday where the timing of the hand off animation is off, so they have the quarterback animation slow down almost to a freeze, until the running backs animation catches up to receive the hand off. I mean stuff like that is just bad, and it's all over the field. Guys speeding up just so a certain animation plays, it just looks bad.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 06-15-2014 at 03:23 PM.
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #979
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
YES. Same exact thing I was thinking yesterday when I was playing 25. There are hardly any body catches. All the trajectories they have are tied to catches with the hands. Players never bring it into the body or use their body to catch, which leads to some awkward looking situations.

Example



I've never seen a player catch a ball like this.

Hopefully with the new inaccuracies they are getting away from strictly tying the trajectories to the hands and speeding up and slowing down animations just to make them fit.

The game is such a mess animation wise. I was looking at a play yesterday where the timing of the hand off animation is off, so they have the quarterback animation slow down almost to a freeze, until the running backs animation catches up to receive the hand off. I mean stuff like that is just bad, and it's all over the field. Guys speeding up just so a certain animation plays, it just looks bad.
I'm expecting animations to be greatly improved next year. I'll sum up what I've seen of M15 like this, it's obvious where the game improved and obvious where it still needs to. I can honestly say there's more good than bad though for the first time since M05.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #980
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

The aiirxjones video is on all pro

The way wilson stayed in the pocket then scrambled at the end was really cool to see from AI.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-15-2014 at 03:58 PM.
jpdavis82 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #981
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,874
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm expecting animations to be greatly improved next year. I'll sum up what I've seen of M15 like this, it's obvious where the game improved and obvious where it still needs to. I can honestly say there's more good than bad though for the first time since M05.
Yes I'll agree the footage looks way better than 25, but honestly I have to wait until the game is in my hands to say it's more good than bad.

I think there really has to be a true marriage of ai and animations/interaction for Tiburon to get things right. Alot of the time it seems like they're afraid to have players way out of position so they use sliding and warping to get players into position. The thing is players get out of position all the time in real life due to momentum and over committing on plays. That's just football.

So I think if Tiburon adds real momentum and proper foot planting, players will be all out of position because the AI isn't smart or consistent enough right now. So many times I've seen defenders out of position but they recover quickly because of the sliding and sped up animations that covers so much ground. So if they get the AI to read plays correctly, they can have realistic movement because the ai will know on certain plays not to over commit because it will take them out of the play. I think that's when the real chess match will start. Certain routes will be able to be taken advantage of because you'e been using it all game, then you hit em with a stop and go route, they bite and you have a beautiful wide open play. It just has to be a marriage of AI and movement.

I think Tiburon just has to let the unpredictability of football happen. Stop giving us these lab stick skill games. It's stale and boring. I want botched snaps, players slipping because they cut to hard, guys making mistakes because I called the right play against the right defense, kickers slipping in the rain and snow. WE NEED THIS STUFF FOR A SIM. They just gotta get out of this sterile gameplay.

I played Madden 25 on PS4 yesterday and I had some pretty good fun, so I know I should be able to enjoy Madden 15. I just want Tiburon to take these steps so badly.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #982
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy
 
Jr.'s Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,970
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

The devs mentioned that hot routes/audibles were changed to be more realistic and take more time, but I'm not seeing this at all.

One of the more recent videos has the guy making hot route adjustments and it looks the exact same animation-wise as it was in the past.
__________________
My favorite teams are better than your favorite teams

Watch me play video games
Jr. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #983
Faceuary!
 
N51_rob's Arena
 
OVR: 54
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Howard County, MD (the HoCo)
Posts: 14,832
Blog Entries: 51
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

I was seeing and thinking the same thing Jr.
__________________
Moderator
PSN:gr8juan

Twitch


Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
N51_rob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #984
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,874
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
The devs mentioned that hot routes/audibles were changed to be more realistic and take more time, but I'm not seeing this at all.

One of the more recent videos has the guy making hot route adjustments and it looks the exact same animation-wise as it was in the past.
Yeah same here. Still looked pretty fast.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Top -