Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #993
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yes I'll agree the footage looks way better than 25, but honestly I have to wait until the game is in my hands to say it's more good than bad.

I think there really has to be a true marriage of ai and animations/interaction for Tiburon to get things right. Alot of the time it seems like they're afraid to have players way out of position so they use sliding and warping to get players into position. The thing is players get out of position all the time in real life due to momentum and over committing on plays. That's just football.

So I think if Tiburon adds real momentum and proper foot planting, players will be all out of position because the AI isn't smart or consistent enough right now. So many times I've seen defenders out of position but they recover quickly because of the sliding and sped up animations that covers so much ground. So if they get the AI to read plays correctly, they can have realistic movement because the ai will know on certain plays not to over commit because it will take them out of the play. I think that's when the real chess match will start. Certain routes will be able to be taken advantage of because you'e been using it all game, then you hit em with a stop and go route, they bite and you have a beautiful wide open play. It just has to be a marriage of AI and movement.

I think Tiburon just has to let the unpredictability of football happen. Stop giving us these lab stick skill games. It's stale and boring. I want botched snaps, players slipping because they cut to hard, guys making mistakes because I called the right play against the right defense, kickers slipping in the rain and snow. WE NEED THIS STUFF FOR A SIM. They just gotta get out of this sterile gameplay.

I played Madden 25 on PS4 yesterday and I had some pretty good fun, so I know I should be able to enjoy Madden 15. I just want Tiburon to take these steps so badly.
Dude I just want to say you should be an EA Game Changer lol. You're making some great points. I think EA is so afraid of alienating casual fans that they think if they make the game "too realistic" then it won't draw in the casuals smh. I happen to think it would be the total opposite. Casuals don't tend to get intimidated by realism, in fact I think more & more casuals are wanting realism in sports games as technology advances. What they get intimidated by are complexed control schemes. If it's one thing that EA does great it's their control schemes so that's not their issue lol. There's a reason why so many are drawn to games like NBA 2K & MLB the Show. These games look realistic in terms of animations. How many times have you heard someone say "I'm not even a baseball fan but the Show looks so good I just had to get it"? You never hear that about Madden. So my point is if EA would just quit trying to straddle the fence of realism vs noob friendly then the game would be much better off because of it. If they want to implement an arcade style mode for people who just prefer to have the game cheat for them by warping receivers into position, arcady style big hits, etc..then just have a separate mode for that. The problem comes in when they try to blend both sim & arcade together. That's why we have a lot of the issues you mentioned.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #994
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I just want the best game we can get
So do I.

If they are truly working on gameplay realism, that's great. I'm still waiting for the off-field stuff to transform from arcade to realistic. I fear that's going to be a long wait into never-never land.

And, how's your kids recovery from surgery coming along? Dude, I know everybody on OS wishes your kid the best.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #995
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

This is what I read from the OS interview with Rex but it does say hot routes and audibles but no detail more than that on the madden web site under player sense 2.0

New audible system – This is something our online community has been very vocal about, having a more authentic audible system. There is now a very short delay where the QB physically calls the audible before the user can input another one. This eliminates the problem of offenses putting in multiple rapid fire pre-play adjustments before the defense has the time to respond.

Wait a minute guys, this may only apply to H2H games, QJB was vs CPU just thought of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #996
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This is what I read from the OS interview with Rex but it does say hot routes and audibles but no detail more than that on the madden web site under player sense 2.0

New audible system – This is something our online community has been very vocal about, having a more authentic audible system. There is now a very short delay where the QB physically calls the audible before the user can input another one. This eliminates the problem of offenses putting in multiple rapid fire pre-play adjustments before the defense has the time to respond.

Wait a minute guys, this may only apply to H2H games, QJB was vs CPU just thought of that.
Well that sucks for the millions of people that play strictly offline.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #997
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Icon14 Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
So do I.

If they are truly working on gameplay realism, that's great. I'm still waiting for the off-field stuff to transform from arcade to realistic. I fear that's going to be a long wait into never-never land.

And, how's your kids recovery from surgery coming along? Dude, I know everybody on OS wishes your kid the best.
Coming along well thanks for asking
Old 06-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #998
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
Well that sucks for the millions of people that play strictly offline.
I'm just saying H2H not online, offline too but the direct feed videos were just vs CPU.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #999
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Dude I just want to say you should be an EA Game Changer lol. You're making some great points. I think EA is so afraid of alienating casual fans that they think if they make the game "too realistic" then it won't draw in the casuals smh. I happen to think it would be the total opposite. Casuals don't tend to get intimidated by realism, in fact I think more & more casuals are wanting realism in sports games as technology advances. What they get intimidated by are complexed control schemes. If it's one thing that EA does great it's their control schemes so that's not their issue lol. There's a reason why so many are drawn to games like NBA 2K & MLB the Show. These games look realistic in terms of animations. How many times have you heard someone say "I'm not even a baseball fan but the Show looks so good I just had to get it"? You never hear that about Madden. So my point is if EA would just quit trying to straddle the fence of realism vs noob friendly then the game would be much better off because of it. If they want to implement an arcade style mode for people who just prefer to have the game cheat for them by warping receivers into position, arcady style big hits, etc..then just have a separate mode for that. The problem comes in when they try to blend both sim & arcade together. That's why we have a lot of the issues you mentioned.
I appreciate it my dude, lol. There have been guys down there with WAY more knowledge than me and mysteriously they haven't been asked back so, I don't know what it is they're looking for in game changers. Beats me. Some guys go down there, and strangely have this new understanding and patience for Tiburon, lol. Who knows.

You're absolutely right about the sim/arcade point. Madden is this strange hybrid that doesn't have an identity other than Madden football. While no game is a true sim, NBA 2k and The Show do a much better job "looking" the part.

That's all I've ever wanted out of Madden since NFL 2k and 2k Football was dismantled. Just look the part and provide sliders so we can do the rest. We can't add animations,interactions, and ai. Give us an intelligent game with good presentation, good graphics and a **** load of good animations and nuances. Provide good sliders that actually work and we'll be good to go.

Hopefully that's the path they're on, because I've noticed somethings in 15 so far, that I haven't seen in Madden before, or in a long time.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #1000
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
EA is going to make a sim football game and Cam and Rex are pretty much hellbent on it, Simfballcritic said many times that everything people want to see in a sim football game is coming. He told me we all have no idea where they are about to go in the next two years. He also said last year that by Madden 16 any developer would have a hard time to try and compete with Madden. We'll see, but he's pretty much been spot on about Madden since becoming a GC. Last year he was saying next gen M25 is still called M25 and people needed to keep that in mind and not to expect too much, I was one who did and I admit that but from this point forward I think I'm pretty realistic about my expectations. M15 is pretty close to where I expected, we'll see how the final build looks and what they polish and tweak from now until then, for one, I'm hoping they fill the gaps of silence on the halftime show and fix the cameras on replays during the highlights. CFM reveal will tell me a lot too, most of the fixes before final besides presentation ones won't really stand out as much so if the halftime show is the same in August, then we probably won't see much improvement in the other areas.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-15-2014 at 06:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »